Sickness derailing you

Options
I've been sick with pneumonia for 4 days now(it feels like forever) I've done pretty much nothing except eat, sleep, cough for 4 days. Oh I've done basics like cooking and dishes ran to the store, but even that little bit wore me out and back in bed I go! How do I get back on track???

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You wait until you're better, and work up to it!
  • Lucy0304
    Lucy0304 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First and foremost take care of yourself. Pneumonia is a serious disease and even the mild cases can cause long-term damage to your lungs. Worry about losing weight after you heal. Second, avoid going out in public if you can. Most pneumonias are contagious. I was hospitalized and nearly died when I contracted pneumonia from a co-worker with "walking pneumonia".
  • ashleyx41987
    ashleyx41987 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon! Just focus on resting, push lots of fluids and then slowly reintroduce cardio and strength training. If your sessions are short in the beginning don't stress. It's much better than having a set back. Trust me I know it's frustrating and you don't want to disrupt your routine but slow and steady is the best way to ease back into it. I learned the hard way and thought I could push through workouts while really sick and it made it so much worse that I spend weeks in and out of the hospital and doctors, it's not worth it.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Focus 100% on resting and taking care of yourself! Eat very healthy nutritious food to support your immune system but do not try to be in a calorie deficit or exercise. Sleep a lot, lots of soup & water, vitamins, etc.

When you feel TOTALLY better, slowly ease into exercise & diet again.

I hope you feel better soon!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Hoping you feel better soon!