Fitbit aria scale

Options
Anyone who uses it? How do you find it?

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I use it and have been using it for a couple of years. I like it. I find that the weight is accurate. The BF% is accurate within 1-3 % on any given day. It syncs nicely with MFP.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    I use it and have been using it for a couple of years. I like it. I find that the weight is accurate. The BF% is accurate within 1-3 % on any given day. It syncs nicely with MFP.

i use it also, but recently on my home page it now longer shows my weight and no clue why. I like it, it integrates with Fitbit flawlessly. Just have to keep it flat on the ground after its set up. don't sit it on its side when not in use..its messes it up.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Is it a Math matical one for body fat percentages?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I use it and really like it. I have found the BF % accurate in the sense that when it goes up my belly gets bigger and when it goes down I am thinner. It auto posts any weight reductions to MFP. The thing I like the best is the ability to go back three years and see what I weighed on any given day. The graphs can be set to a week, month or a full year.
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    MaybeLed wrote: »
    I have one and use it daily, Bit of a PITA to set up the first time, but worked beautifully since.

I track all my food in MFP and activity and weight using Fitbit. The joy of the Aria scale also works on www.trendweight.com

wow! thanks for the tip on Trend Weight - just registered my Withings scale on there and am loving the stats. So much better than the native Withings graphs.
  • gallagherc314
    gallagherc314 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use one. I think it works fine. Pretty accurate. It was a little bit of a hassle setting up but syncs nice with both my fitbit app and MFP. Infact i thinkbit works better with MFP than my fitbit app, go figure
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Is it a Math matical one for body fat percentages?

I think it measures current passing from one foot pad through your body to the other foot pad.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I have it - I like it.

Pros: it syncs automatically thru wifi w/ my Fitbit which syncs w/ MFP. So I don't log anything. Just step on the scale occasionally and all data is saved.

You can set up profiles, such as Hubby & I each have our own. It recognized me vs him. If two of similar weight step on, you can indicate which it is. Each profile has control over his/her data. And for anyone without a profile - the weighin shows (at Fitbit.com, under my profile because I am primary for Aria) as a guest weigh in. I like this because I have teen daughters. They don't know this, but I can tell how often they check their weight and if there are any significant changes. Meaning if anything drastic happens or they seem to become obsessed with weight I would have a clue.
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have it - I like it.
    They don't know this, but I can tell how often they check their weight and if there are any significant changes. Meaning if anything drastic happens or they seem to become obsessed with weight I would have a clue.

LOOOL it's the same in the Withings world but they're classed as unrecognised readings and as a consequence I know exactly how much my cleaner weighs!
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have it - I like it.

Pros: it syncs automatically thru wifi w/ my Fitbit which syncs w/ MFP. So I don't log anything. Just step on the scale occasionally and all data is saved.

You can set up profiles, such as Hubby & I each have our own. It recognized me vs him. If two of similar weight step on, you can indicate which it is. Each profile has control over his/her data. And for anyone without a profile - the weighin shows (at Fitbit.com, under my profile because I am primary for Aria) as a guest weigh in. I like this because I have teen daughters. They don't know this, but I can tell how often they check their weight and if there are any significant changes. Meaning if anything drastic happens or they seem to become obsessed with weight I would have a clue.

That's a good point actually, I forgot about the profiles Me and my OH have one each,
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have one, and I use it every day. I find it very accurate, though my BF% is way off. It always tells me I'm like at 50%. Ok, I'm a bigger girl than I used to be, but I'm not THAT big. So I only use it for my weight, and it syncs really well with MFP
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    I did not set up profiles for the teens because they don't need to track weight. Both my girls are petite height - around 5'0-5'1 at 15/16 years old. One is on the low end of the 'healthy' weight range and the other on the high end. But both healthy according to pediatrican/checkups. I know there is a lot of pressure on kids to look a certain way, so quietly try to be aware. Yet I don't want to create a problem where none exists.
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Reading about it because I don't currently own on.. I was wondering about it and glad to see it can do up to 8 separate people and I was curious just how accurate people have found it when it comes to the body fat check and if it is close or not.. I would love to be able to have that in a scale and like the idea of it syncing with my fitbit and MFP...
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    Honestly I put no stock in the bodyfat readout. It is based on the level of water in the body (I don't understand the science behind it) and so if you're more or less hydrated it affects your BF%. I don't know that any scale that measures BF% is accurate. As a point of reference mine tends to read in the low teens. I don't find that accurate. Which would be great and reasonable if I were a trained athlete. But I'm not. While I'm at a healthy weight for my body, strength training is my problem area...
    Reading about it because I don't currently own on.. I was wondering about it and glad to see it can do up to 8 separate people and I was curious just how accurate people have found it when it comes to the body fat check and if it is close or not.. I would love to be able to have that in a scale and like the idea of it syncing with my fitbit and MFP...

• healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Going to buy it for my birthday :) hope I will like it !
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have one. I really like how easy it is to use. How it syncs straight to Fitbit and MFP and trendweight. I pay attention to the BF% read out so far as to make sure that the overall trend is going down. I'm not sure how accurate the number is, but it's going down as I'm losing weight so that's good enough for me.

I like that it also tells you how strong the battery is in the device. I have yet to have to change it, but I will know when I need to change it b/c of the indicator online.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I use it every AM. I love it.
    Syncing with MFP and FitBit and my own profile...it greets me... "Meg" :)
  • rcktgirl05
    rcktgirl05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have one and I like how it automatically syncs with Fitbit and MFP. However I had been using a handheld body fat monitor and my first day with the Aria my body fat jumped 9%. Did it really? No of course not, but man oh man was that depressing. Turns out there's a lot of good info on MFP community about how these work! The handheld tends to send the electrical pulse through arms only, while scales tend to send it through legs only. This makes sense because I'm significantly disproportionate between top and bottom. So while I think my true body fat percentage is probably in the middle of the two, I do see a relative downward trend. And I still occasionally use the handheld for my mental health LOL