Staying on Track this time of year.

Options
Looking for advice on how to stay on track going into fall and then holiday season. I have had great success over the summer (40 plus pounds lost) when I can get out and bike every day but now as season changes are happening and soon it will be impractical to bike outside when it gets dark earlier and as winter weather happens. And then of course there are more food temptations as holidays approach. I do have access to a wellness center gym at my work and plan to switch my workouts to the gym once I can no longer bike outdoors.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen. Portion control, weighing food, logging etc. The sticky threads at the top of the forums give you lots of details on the methods. And yes, keep up your workouts in one form or another. They will help you retain muscle, improve fitness & health, and burn a few (but not a ton) of calories.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Just keep mindful of your goals, be as active as you can and log your food and you'll do all right. Even if you get off track for a day or two (or week!) you'll get to the other side of the holidays in much better shape than if you had stopped logging and declared the holiday season a free for all.

Congrats on your amazing success so far. Keep it up! :smile: