Calories and Carb in steamed rice

Options
I have been getting frustrated in trying to figure out what is the correct amount of calories and carb in 1 cup of steamed white rice and brown rice. I type in steamed white rice and steamed brown rice in the search box and so many options come up. Some say 90 carbs for one steamed cup while others say 50. I am just so confused. I am Asian so rice has been a staple food in my life until just two years ago. There is no way I can cut out rice for good but I try not to eat more than a cup or two every few days, versus about 4 cups everyday when I used to live with my parents. Anyways, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated :happy:

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    If you are cooking it yourself I would just enter the information from the package of whatever rice you buy. There are tons of different types of rice that may not be named properly in the database which makes it tough. Or check your package and find the entry that matches the best.
  • yinxuehui1983
    yinxuehui1983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I'll be sure to look at the bag. I'm used to just going to the Asian store and buy a 20lb bag at one time so it lasts longer.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Rice triples in volume. A cup of cooked long grain is around 200 calories and about 45g's of carbs......this will change with different types of rice. A cup of raw long grain is just over 600 calories. You should weight the rice raw for more accuracy.