Calorie deficit help!

Options
Lorilynn_37
Lorilynn_37 Posts: 87 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok I know I should know this...
But what does a calorie deficit actually mean?
Is it exercise calories earned and not eaten? I've been doing this since July and lost 14 pds by watching what I eat and logging. I've been at a standstill for over a month so I'm guessing it's because my lack of knowledge..
Advice please!
I'm slightly active started at 192 now 178. My calorie intake gives me 1370 cals.. Started losing first of July "16"
I haven't been tracking accurately last 2-3 weeks because of a back injury but I'm back at it right now..

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    The deficit is the difference between the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight and the amount you eat to lose. For example I maintain on 1980, my current calorie goal is 1480. That gives me a 500 calorie deficit.

If you are stuck, not logging for the past 2-3 weeks does not help. Get back to logging, make sure you are logging accurately, and the scale will start moving again.
  • Lorilynn_37
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thank you! The 14 pds I lost was rather rapidly because I started counting calories and stopped drinking soda ( I was drinking 3-4 a day) so I know that helped me jumpstart my body..
    I've just been stuck, but obviously not being accurate enough.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    If using MFP as designed, your goal excludes purposeful exercise. The deficit is built into you 1370 goal. When you exercise you get bonus food (though it always recommended to exercise caution when eating those calories as they can be inflated for some people and some activities).

You have stalled because you're not logging accurately.
  • Lorilynn_37
    Options
    If using MFP as designed, your goal excludes purposeful exercise. The deficit is built into you 1370 goal. When you exercise you get bonus food (though it always recommended to exercise caution when eating those calories as they can be inflated for some people and some activities).

You have stalled because you're not logging accurately.

Thank you!