Does anyone use FitBit calories to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• coffeethencardio
    coffeethencardio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had to stop using my FB Surge. It was wildly inaccurate and it's been replaced by FB twice. It now lays on my bedroom dresser unused. A complete waste of money. I track everything manually now and I've started losing again. I've been stuck in the same place and I think the FB played a part in that. Good luck figuring it out. I hope it works for you.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    louise5779 wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    louise5779 wrote: »
    I only use mfp to log my food. I eat the calories that my Fitbit app tells me to in the app not here. The Fitbit app is my actual tdee so today for example up until now I have over eaten 90 cals as per my Fitbit app where as my fitness pal is telling me that I still have 800 cals left to eat. Mfp always seems to be way generous.

Fitbit tells you the calories you have burned up to the time you look at it. MFP estimates a full day. So, for instance, right this minute my Fitbit says I'm over by 40 calories and MFP says have around 1000 left for the day (I haven't eaten lunch or dinner yet). By the end of the day, they usually come up within 50 calories of each other.

Yes, i know but after while it works out your pattern. When i check back the day after or after midnight it still will say over eaten. The 90 cals i was talking about yesterday now says 75 over and that day is finished.

Yesterday my total burn was 2853, fitbit gave me 2103 to eat where as MFP gives me 2603, I would gain weight i'm only 5'3". I have lost 12.3 lbs in 12 weeks steadily following Fitbit app not MFP. Why would you follow MFP which its based on a calculation of your tdee over fitbit which is actually heart rate and steps etc.

MFP is great for logging food and macros but hen creating a calorie deficit Fitbit is easier to follow.

I think picking one and sticking with it is probably the best way to go. I log all my exercise on Fitbit, food on MFP and just follow the MFP calories. My Fitbit is a One so it just counts my steps. I do have to periodically check Fitbit to make sure it is the same as MFP - for some reason Fitbit sometimes changes my stats. All the sudden I'll be taller or male even though I have the same stats set in both.

Whichever way you go, I think consistency is the key.
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have my activity level set to sedentary, but generally do between 7,000-10,000 steps a day. My calorie goal starts at 1200 but With my activity level, I am usually given about 300-500 more to eat. I've had days where I eat them all and some where I might leave a few hundred based on my hunger level. I'm losing weight consistently. The amount of calories given is pretty spot on with what mfp gave me before my Fitbit when my activity level is set to active.