Oh now I am REALLY confused!

Options
2»

Replies

• sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Does she know what level of activity you do in exercise? RMR is what your body needs *at rest*. It really doesn't make sense to eat 500 calories less than what your body needs at minimum, and then expect it to perform in exercise. If you do decide to take her advice and eat only 1200, then I would stop all exercise and try to be as sedentary as possible. Or, continue doing what is working. Fuel that exercise.

I agree with this- Maybe try for 1250 on days when you do no exercise (though I think you mentioned you walk to work everyday?? so maybe 1350/day) and on the kettlebell days up it to 1700/1800?
    You are also very tall though, from what I've read you should have much more than that. the 1700/1800 range makes more sense to me, but then again most of the info I have is for shorties like me, who fit into that 1200 cal range.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Does she know what level of activity you do in exercise? RMR is what your body needs *at rest*. It really doesn't make sense to eat 500 calories less than what your body needs at minimum, and then expect it to perform in exercise. If you do decide to take her advice and eat only 1200, then I would stop all exercise and try to be as sedentary as possible. Or, continue doing what is working. Fuel that exercise.

^^ THIS!^^ You should not be eating significantly under your RMR. If your TDEE were 1760, then 1250 would be an acceptable cal limit, but not your RMR!

***edited to add*** Remember, they're only PRACTICING medicine. Listen to your body and don't let yourself get "hangry".
  • littletoblerone
    Options
    I fully second this. I don't think anyone on MFP would be as acquainted with your situation as your doctor is. Talk these issues through with him/her. And best of luck! Never give up!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I wish I could agree that the Doctor's and Dietician were better acquainted with my history and details than MFP, however it's not exactly true. I have never actually met the dietician, she made this recommendation a month after having received my metabolic test results without even speaking to me or reading the food and exercise diaries I supply them every week. So I guess I will go with what is working and, like suggested, if that stops working, try something else! I am only a few pounds away from their set goal, and that is ALL thanks to MFP and myself. Oh, and to any that questioned, I need a double lung transplant, then I will be right as rain! Thank you all again for your input.
  • zazure
    zazure Posts: 18
    Options
    Doctors and Dieticians are making an educated guess. If you are loosing on a higher calorie then discuss it with your dietician about sticking where you are. Even with all the knowledge at hand YOU are still the best knowledge base for yourself. Noone is 100% textbook. The human body is far too complex for that.