Trying to be vegan

Options
Hi I wanna lose weight to look as awesome on the outside as I do on the inside! Any experienced vegans out there?

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    There are lots of experienced vegans, and you might try searching in the groups to find more of us.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

The link above is a link to the most active plant based group I've found around here.

But in addition to that, as a longtime vegan, I'd like to say that there's nothing magical about the way of eating that will cause weight loss more so than any other ways of eating. Additionally, you have to be more careful monitoring what you what you eat in order to prevent nutrient deficiencies that can happen easily but take a while to develop.

I'd recommend taking some time to read up on what nutrients your body will need you to pay special attention to and how best to get them. http://www.veganhealth.org/ is a good place to start.

Whatever your reasons might be, though, I wish you luck in your goals.

*edited for grammar.
  • hopemariehoward_1215
    Options
    Not vegan, but vegetarian.

Good luck!
  • GummiPops
    GummiPops Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not an experienced vegan. But I am starting to become a vegan. By the way, I love the bird picture. I have a pet Sun Conure.
  • charchar1106
    charchar1106 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for 6 years but i don't feel it has helped me lose weight! Just feel healthier and happier :smile:
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @BecomingBane is absolutely right. I've been vegan for about ten years now -- I gained my extra weight as a vegan and I lost it as a vegan. At the end of the day, weight loss comes down to calories consumed versus calories burned. That said, I think being a vegan is awesome and if there is anything I can help with, please let me know.