Trouble taking a day off?

Options
amandzor
amandzor Posts: 386 Member
For the last two weeks I've gone out and done something highly active, and I'm finding it difficult to force myself to take a day of rest. I feel like I should still be out, walking/running/strength training, something.

I was wondering if anyone else had run in to this issue.

I know I should rest, I'm just hesitant to.

Replies

• ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should definitely rest! Your body needs it and if you don't your regular routine with suffer. I recently had to tweak my schedule because I wasn't getting a rest day. Not because I didn't want one, but because my normal program has different scheduled rest days and then I also teach fitness classes. So, yes, take your rest days!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, so instead of taking a rest day I do yoga, it doesn't stress my body and I feel so energized when I'm done.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I hardly ever take a true rest day. Even if I'm not doing a "real" workout, I'm walking the dogs, cleaning the house, doing something active. HB says I need to RELAX. I promised that tomorrow will be yoga and pilates, something easy to stretch out my muscles.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My weight loss usually actually comes after a day off. Your body needs to rest. I was the same way in the beginning. If you feel you must do something, just take a "light" walk. I have noticed that if I don't work out for a few days, I have this need to move, I even end up running through the parking lot while pushing the grocery cart sometimes. Love that I feel that way versus the need to sit on the couch!