Being stuck!

Options
Mf0718
Mf0718 Posts: 17 Member
edited October 2016 in Getting Started
Hey everyone! This is my first time using mfp and so far so good!
I have been stuck at this weight for almost 6 years and I've tried so many different things but I always seem to come back to this weight. This past year I got into weight lifting and it's the best decision I've ever made, but I still don't see the results I'd hoped for back in January.
It's very frustrating!
I'm determined this time to keep a close eye on my nutrition this time around, most importantly my protein intake.
I'm mostly using this for tracking my macros but I'd love motivating friends along for the journey! Feel free to add!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • dkpeckham
    dkpeckham Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried ketogenic diet? I've been doing this since Aug this year.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Wow really similar to me! I've lost in the past but keep coming back to the same weight too. Joined a gym & got a trainer almost a year ago - & have been getting into weight lifting & loving it. Just recently learned about macros and upping my protein, it has definitely been making a difference. Implementing hiit cardio seems helpful too.
  • normajavier
    normajavier Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    same boat here. I almost feel depressed. Got atrainer back 2 years ago introduced me to macros lost 10 pounds then i stopped taining and gain weight back. Followed her routine was lifting heavy still no signs of weightloss. i stopped going to gym and trying to eat the 1400 calories mfp generated in order to loose but no luck. Can it be my metabolisim? Can someone help me? I want to add that i want to stay of macros because i becane obsessed with the numbers that i failed. when i eat i try making healthy choices but still no luck
  • lancelyell
    lancelyell Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I felt your pain a few years ago. My before pic was before I learned how to eat at a proper caloric deficit and how to eat the proper ratio of protein, fats, and carbohydrates. If you need meal plan or recipe ideas shoot me a message. I'm always happy to help

Lance