FRUSTRATED!!!!

Last week I lost six pounds, this week I've gained 6 pounds?!?! I've gone over my calories (1200 a day mind you) by a few hundred calories this week but nothing on earth to cause that kind of fluctuation. It's only my second week trying this and I feel so upset. I know it's not real weight but I can't help feeling frustrated. Argggggggggg

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited October 2016
    Anytime you rapidly gain or lose weight, it's water fluctuation. A pound of fat takes a calorie difference of 3500 calories. It's extremely unlikely you either ate 21,000 fewer calories than you burned last week or the reverse this week.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Not sure how you are tracking your weight or how often you weigh. I weigh every day in the morning first thing and then I do 7 day average to track the trend better. My daily weight jumps all over the place. 3zrpeilprcke.png
  • xaryo
    xaryo Posts: 104 Member
    Water retention probably and maybe gettimg on the scale "not empty" ( #1 and #2 not done).

I found that this may vary the weight by a lot.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Water weight. I go up and down around 5lbs by day due to the weight of the food and water I consume.

Also, TOM causes water retention. Excess sodium causes water retention.

Constipation can mask at loss.

Have you recently started a new exercise regime or increased exercise?
  • cmeezy83
    cmeezy83 Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks maybe I'll weigh every day and see a trend. I only weigh myself thursdays @SueInAz thank you! I actually kept your earlier comment in mind (about the MMs