Tilted pelvic

Options
ksgast
ksgast Posts: 10 Member
I have been dealing with a tilted pelvic for months. I limp when I walk which is painful. I have been seeing a chiropractor for several months and have been getting massages which are all helping. I have just started a stretching class, yoga , and a low impact arerobics class. Anyone have anymore ideas to make leg pain go away ? Thanks

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    physical therapy
    inversion
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    My pelvis is tilted, it is due to the fact that my right leg is longer than my left. Chiro 2 times a week for a couple months, now follow up visits, and a lift in my shoe and I'm doin alright. Good luck to you.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Leg pain as in sciatic pain? If you're having pain shooting down your leg from your hip being off, you may have some damage of the discs in your lumbar area. A chiropractor is just going to keep adjusting and may not get the problem solved. You may want to consult with an Orthopedic surgeon to see what their opinion might be. From experience, I can tell you that I had lower back pain and pain in my left leg for similar issue for years. I kept going to chiropractors which would help for a while, then I'd have to go back. Eventually I lifted something I shouldn't have and managed to herniate the disc in question (L4/L5) that was causing the issues and it pinched off my sciatic nerve going down my left leg. It was more pain than I have ever experienced in my life. A week later it pinched it off completely and I lost all feeling below my waist along with bladder control and ended up in emergency surgery. That was 12+ years ago. I still have some permanent nerve damage because one doctor did not send me to a surgeon as soon as he should have. Anyway, just saying, if you have not consulted an Ortho doctor you should, even if it's just for an opinion. My limp is now permanent thanks to the nerve damage. My gait is also permanently affected when running/walking. Had I gone to an Orthpedic doctor/surgeon before it got so bad they tell me I would have had a near 100% chance of recovery.

In my opinion, you should not have to permanently see a chiropractor. If they can't fix you in a few adjustments, then something else needs to happen. Some chiropractors will expect you to see them weekly for the rest of your life, which is not good. Again, my opinion only, I'm not a doctor, only a person with experience with a lot of pain. Surgery should always be your last option, but your doctor or an orthopedic doctor can do an MRI and give you a better diagnosis than a chiropractor.