Margarine?

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Whatever. I feel you OP. I know there's nothing wrong with fat but I don't waste my fat calories on butter. I prefer to spread it out throughout the day and eat avocado and ice cream.
  • KetoVee
    KetoVee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil? It spreads further than butter and provides a buttery flavor, but less calories and fat.
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Toast drizzled with honey but of course I like the pairing of butter and honey a lot better :wink:
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    I love rice bran oil. Has a hint of buttery flavor without the overwhelming grossness of buttery-ness (I loathe the taste personally).
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Everything's better with Blue Bonnet on it.

If you think it's butter but it's not. It's Chiffon.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I like greek yogurt spread on my toast--nonfat works fine. Sometimes I mix it with cheddar cheese powder -- doesn't take much, so it doesn't add a ton of fat.
    Neufchatel (low-fat cream cheese) is also good.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You should have plenty of fat for butter (my choice, tastes better) plus some on salads, and toast plus butter is probably going to be more balanced and filling than just toast (although to be honest neither fills me up one bit). Are you on a very limited diet? (I understand there are medical reasons to reduce fat or sat fat sometimes, but if the concern is just weight loss going over on fat makes no difference, although I also found, for saving calories, just reducing the amount of butter or oil I used in cooking or on salads was useful -- a tsp and not a tbsp, that sort of thing.)

Another idea, not fat free, but with less fat, more protein in its overall calories, is to eat it with an egg and drip it in the egg (that's the main reason I ever eat toast in the morning) or to add hummus or baba ghanoush -- sounds good to me, actually!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Fruit butter? I especially like apple butter or pumpkin butter in the fall.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    Fruit butter? I especially like apple butter or pumpkin butter in the fall.

Ooo what's the best apple for making apple butter? @lemurcat12 ?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Not me, @mitch16 is the fruit butter poster, so I will call her to answer the question. ;-)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I'd like to use my fat later in the day on salads Etc

Are you concerned about fat per se or fat because it is high in calories? I go over my fat target every day but only worry about my total calories.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    One teaspoon butter = approximately 33-34 calories. Can you just use less than you are now?