Increasing calories helped--thanks!

Options
1235»

Replies

• catecholamine
    catecholamine Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So I don't know about other people, but for me specifically, what caused me forgetfulness, "brain fog", and cognitive problems so bad that my doc did a CT scan of my brain was...not enough fat. I went too low on fat, and after a few weeks, I became depressed, couldn't think worth a darn, like static in my brain. Went on for like a month. Upped my fat intake, within 48hrs, bam, 100% better. Your body needs minimum 30g fat a day for brain health, it turns out.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I would tell anyone not to increase calories quickly or binge. Definitely research reverse dieting to reboot metabolism if you have gotten stuck stalling at low calories for a long time.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/the-ultimate-guide-to-reverse-dieting.html
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I'm someone who experienced something similar to what @GottaBurnEmAll posted. After I'd lost the "easy weight" I had real trouble sticking to 1200 calories a day and I found myself doing things like refusing to accurately measure many things (because I didn't want to find out I was underestimating), choosing the lowest calorie version in the database and STILL skipping logging (ie overeating) every 4th day or so because I was SO HUNGRY. For me, the real success began when I lowered my target to 0.5lb a week and all my little head games stopped.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm someone who experienced something similar to what @GottaBurnEmAll posted. After I'd lost the "easy weight" I had real trouble sticking to 1200 calories a day and I found myself doing things like refusing to accurately measure many things (because I didn't want to find out I was underestimating), choosing the lowest calorie version in the database and STILL skipping logging (ie overeating) every 4th day or so because I was SO HUNGRY. For me, the real success began when I lowered my target to 0.5lb a week and all my little head games stopped.

I have a problem similar to this except I can't pull it together for a 250 calorie daily deficit either.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I have a problem similar to this except I can't pull it together for a 250 calorie daily deficit either.

Definitely the lower bf% you go the tougher it is.

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

You know what I did? I set it for a 500 deficit so I have something to shoot for but don't care so long as I stay under maintenance...I lost one whole pound last month lol but one pound while living comfortably is better than either alternative.