Body recomp success pictures?

Have any of you had success at eating at maintenance and losing fat while gaining muscle? Or..can someone send me a link to where I can see body recomp pictures? I want to see people who have stayed within the same weight from before and after. Feel free to post your success here. If so, I'm curious as to how many calories you consumed and what type of cardio or weights routine did you have? Thank you all

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    I ate at maintenance and went down about 5% bf down to low 20s, I did loose a little weight but I didn't grow big old muscles, I just leaned out and got lovely defined arms/shoulders/abs. I did it through pole though so some cardio from dancing and only lifting my body weight hence why I didn't bulk at all!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    I ate at maintenance and went down about 5% bf down to low 20s, I did loose a little weight but I didn't grow big old muscles, I just leaned out and got lovely defined arms/shoulders/abs. I did it through pole though so some cardio from dancing and only lifting my body weight hence why I didn't bulk at all!

Isn't that just cutting? You lost weight & fat but didn't lift or gain muscle. Recomp is losing fat, lifting and changing body composition-lower body fat and higher muscle.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Sumiblue wrote: »

Isn't that just cutting? You lost weight & fat but didn't lift or gain muscle. Recomp is losing fat, lifting and changing body composition-lower body fat and higher muscle.

You do get some muscle but not as much as you would if you ate atba surplus
  • ARGriffy
    Nikkimaxim wrote: »
    Have any of you had success at eating at maintenance and losing fat while gaining muscle?

I answered that part

I didn't cut.. as i ate AT or above maintenance at all times, and building muscle through body weight exercises such as pull ups.. inverts.. flags is still lifting weight. My weight. I had no muscle to start.. and did after. How is that not recomp??
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Nikkimaxim wrote: »
    Have any of you had success at eating at maintenance and losing fat while gaining muscle?

I answered that part

I didn't cut.. as i ate AT or above maintenance at all times, and building muscle through body weight exercises such as pull ups.. inverts.. flags is still lifting weight. My weight. I had no muscle to start.. and did after. How is that not recomp??

Your post was a little confusing as you've said you didn't grow big old muscles and you didn't bulk. You seem to be a little confused about the concept of building muscle. You either add muscle, lose muscle or keep the same amount. There's no distinction between bulky muscle or lean muscle (all muscle is lean by definition) - it's just the point of muscle building you choose to stop at and the amount of fat you have on top of the muscle plus genetics that makes you look different. It sounds like you lost fat while maybe building a little bit of muscle or just revealing what you already had underneath. Also if you lost weight you were eating under maintenance.

• MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    edited October 2016
    Oh never mind
  • ARGriffy
    I see why I confused in my post. I meant I didn't get big muscles. Due to me not progressively adding anymore weight. Just to clarify I only dropped an average of 3 lbs over a year period and did up my exercise through that time as i bought a pole to use at home as well as classes so maybe the increase of exercise meant I should have upped my cals but as I don't log every day (but have maintained for 2 years previous) then who knows. I wasn't trying to get into definitions but believe me, I built that muscle, it wasn't just lurking below. Sorry OP, apparently my input wasn't fitting for your question I didn't mean to spam your thread.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    With the clarity of your last post @ARGriffy I would count it as a recomp.

Your weight stayed within a maintenance range. (My range is 5lbs and I would count any number within that as part of a recomp as I move up and down that range all the time)

The use of bodyweight is quite acceptable. One can increase strength and muscle by increasing weight moved (the most common), increasing reps, increasing complexity, increasing time under tension.

As women can only, on average only increase muscle mass by .5-1lbs (the upper regions while running a bulk) a month you won't have become 'bulky', just revealed your muscles more through a decrease in fat and a slight increase in muscle- recomp.

Cheers, h.
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    I see why I confused in my post. I meant I didn't get big muscles. Due to me not progressively adding anymore weight. Just to clarify I only dropped an average of 3 lbs over a year period and did up my exercise through that time as i bought a pole to use at home as well as classes so maybe the increase of exercise meant I should have upped my cals but as I don't log every day (but have maintained for 2 years previous) then who knows. I wasn't trying to get into definitions but believe me, I built that muscle, it wasn't just lurking below. Sorry OP, apparently my input wasn't fitting for your question I didn't mean to spam your thread.

Well if you lost fat and stayed (basically) the same weight then you have to have gained muscle! So congratulations on your recomp ;)