No Give Up!!!

Options
Hello all... I had recently put on over 45 kgs of weight after I had my leg surgery..
Now I weight close to 145 kgs ☹️..
I affects me both physically and mentally...
Now I am determined to lose at least 50 kgs within December.
I have tried.. tried so many times but I end of eating after 2 weeks of dieting.. but now I've decided I'm not gng to give up. try and help me and keep motivating each other...

Replies

• drvignesh1
    drvignesh1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know it's gng to be challenging... i really hope I lose it..
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    drvignesh1 wrote: »

Nope. Don't even think about losing it in that time frame.
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Hopefully you're talking about December 2017. Otherwise, 50 kg (110 lbs.) in two months? Not going to happen. Set more realistic goals for yourself.

This.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Do the math. No food and and a ton of exercise! Why not pick a more reasonable goal and be successful and happy.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    your goal may be impossible but look at lchf and check out dietdoctor.com I have lost 103 pounds since January, my brothers gf has lost 25 pounds in 3 months and my sisters husband has lost 25 pounds in 2 months
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    drvignesh1 wrote: »

110lbs in 2 months would be impossible... in a year, maybe i you're really obese.

Do the math. That's 13lbs a week or almost 2lbs a day. To achieve that, you'd have to cut out around 7000 calories per day or 45500 per week..

I ran your numbers in a TDEE calculator. I wasn't sure of your height or activity level so I put in 5'8" as the height and sedentary as activity level. Your TDEE (calories for you to maintain @ 320lbs) is around 2887. To lose 2lbs per day, you need to create a deficit of 7000 a day (3500 calories per pound). Unless your TDEE is 8500, it is NOT going to happen.

Losing 2lbs per day is incredibly unrealistic and you'll end up very sick (malnourished, hair falling out, teeth crumbling, horrible skin, hormone imbalances, depression and even worse) before you get to your goal weight.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    You didn't put that weight on in two months, and you're not going to be able to take it off in two months, either.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You give up after 2 weeks because you have completely unrealistic expectations, and I bet you go on a crazy restrictive diet. You're not going to lose 50kg by December. Don't set yourself up for failure by trying to. Get your head straight, learn what is reasonable and sustainable and do it properly.