New to recomp??

Options
Can someone explain what this is/how it works? Thanks I'm brand new to this! So far I've lost weight mainly by diet.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    How to do it.
    Eat at roughly maintenance levels - train hard - over time lose fat and gain muscle.
    It's really as simple as that, although it can be made far more complicated (for very little benefit!) with calorie cycling etc.

How it works.
    You provide a stimulus to your muscle with your training, your body responds by your muscles getting stronger and bigger, fat is used for energy. Your diet simply supports that normal everyday process.

It's what virtually everybody did when I started training four decades ago. Then cut/bulk cycles were virtually the sole preserve of serious body builders. It didn't even have a specific name then - it was just a normal expectation.

Some people do it as a goal in itself, some people (like me) just regard recomp as a by-product of getting stronger/fitter/faster...

Have a read or skim through this thread.....
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1