What is your biggest downfall with your eating habits?

Options
13»

Replies

• Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When I don't go shopping when in fact I need to. I start to freestyle with meals and it can get out of hand.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Pizza, Chinese takeaway, wine, skittles, French bread & butter... so far I still track it all, even when it's depressing to look at all that red...
  • pbandwine
    pbandwine Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I pick throughout the day rather than eating an actual meal
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I went back to college part-time several years ago, which is a lot with a job. I get into study/writing papers mode for hours and just want to get through it and don't care what I eat as long as I get the work done.

I have to watch that destructive attitude and plan snacks ahead, a piece of fruit, some almonds, sugarless gum, and coffee work for me.
  • emily_fox
    emily_fox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pasta! I love it so much. And a single serving is so depressing...
  • hillaryflicka92
    hillaryflicka92 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Mine is definitely fast food.
  • jhandur
    jhandur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Life stress which usually ends up with me eating fast food and just letting my diet in general go to pot. I've been developing better coping skills so that I don't let life get me down so easily.
  • Mckie333
    Mckie333 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Pizza, Ice creams, burgers and butter chicken (indian dish).
    I get weak when around any of these :neutral:
  • jasimm109
    jasimm109 Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My biggest downfall is when I'm bored or I'm out at a family function and there is nothing healthy for me to eat. I'm a "pescatarian" so my family often forgets to include a healthy meatless item on the menu for me at gatherings and just assume I'll just fill up on chips and sweets, which I do
  • BuccaneersFan
    BuccaneersFan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sweets. God I love sweets. And when I eat sweets it just makes me want to eat more sweets.

Like, I keep thinking that when I go to maintenance I just want to add a slice of cake or a bowl of pudding to my day.

This is EXACTLY me! I could seriously eat desserts for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sweets and eating them after 9pm! I have set that I will be drinking a chocolate protein shake (with water) tonight for my snack. Chocolate, sweet and cold...if I do it in the blender I can add ice and it will be like ice cream...or at least I hope!

Once I get in the habit of measuring and weighing stuff I am good with portion sizes. I just have to make sure I bring out the scale or the measuring cups!
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Beer watching Survivor, beer watching football, beer watching soccer... maybe if i got rid of the TV, I would be ok. :)
  • pescetarian_love
    pescetarian_love Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    WINE & Snacking after dinner. It totally ruins my day because I make it a habit to be great all day long!
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Mines is snacking a lot when I'm bored. Unhealthy snacks at that. Also I have a hard time eating smaller portions or stop eating when I go out to eat or eat fast food. I end up eating until I am overly full. But as long as I cook at home I am fine.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Historically, my biggest downfalls have been not eating vegetables followed by a lack of portion control.
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Definitely nuts. I have it under control but I can't afford to loosen my grip because as soon as I do and allow myself "a few extra" I'm back to trying to reduce my intake. It's frustrating that I can have multiple slices of cake, a whole sleeve of cookies, or even an all out 3000 calorie meal and bounce right back next meal/day with relatively little effort, but as soon as I get lenient with nuts I'm back to combating daily tendencies to sneak in more of them and it takes at least a couple of weeks to retrain my discipline around them.
    They are my kryptonite as well, they are good for you in small amounts but I can't control once I start.
    I really just have to give them up.

• runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Anything crunchy and salty, wine, cocktails, and bread....