Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

California Pizza Kitchen is my new favorite

Why have I never tried these before? I love pizza, and I tend to allow myself pizza every week so I don't go on a pizza rampage (those poor pizza souls, may they rest in peace) months into the future.

Anyway, I bought one at Wal-Mart the other day (also available at HARPS, for you midwest peoples.), and they are divine. On average, the calories for the pizza is about 310 for 1/3 of the pizza (which is great because normally you see about 350 for only 1/4 of a pizza). When you bake it on an aluminum pizza pan (which you can buy for like $0.85 at Wal-Mart), it makes the crust nice and crispy. Not "oh god my mouth hurts" kind of crispy. More like "Oh good this is a bit crispy and not waterlogged". It's also thin crust (which I like), and it's great that I can skimp on my breakfast/lunch and eat an entire pizza for only about 900 calories if I so wished...which I never end up doing because I can no longer manage eating the entire thing. At most I end up doing 2/3 with me feeling full.

But, yeah. If you're a pizza lover and want to incorporate it in your food plan (without having to prep an entire pizza alone), then think about California Pizza Kitchen. It's about $5.00 per pizza and about the size of a Red Baron. Maybe slightly smaller. A bit pricey, but worth it to me.

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Pizza.
  • HealthyHannah777
    HealthyHannah777 Posts: 5 Member
    I actually just bought their Spinach and Artichoke Flatbread Crisps, 180 calories for one and the pack comes with two. So good! I actually brought one for lunch today with a salad. I can't wait to try their pizzas since I was so impressed with their flatbread.