Tracking macros / Intermittent Fasting works!

dtkhan
dtkhan Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2016 in Introduce Yourself
jn51dkruccyj.jpg

I have always had problem getting cut while trying to maintain strength at the gym and I finally was able to overcome that hurdle. I believe that tracking macros "iifym" combined with intermittent fasting is the best thing ever! Being in a deficit caloric level doesn't bother you as much and it's an easy way to cut while having a busy and active lifestyle. For more information, please feel free to hit me up.

Replies

• 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Great work! I am a week and a half into the keto diet, I may start adding some fasting days down the road. It has been working well.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    @dcm886 Intermittent fasting is not the same as fasting. Intermittent fasting is purposefully eating within a short window of the day. Many people essentially skip breakfast and eat within an 8 hour window later in the day. Calories are usually the same as if they weren't doing it, where as fasting is not eating or eating a severely limited number of calories.
  • 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    @usmcmp thanks for the clarification!
  • dtkhan
    dtkhan Posts: 3 Member
    @usmcmp @dcm886 that's a pretty on the dot difference between fasting and intermittent fasting. I have been on a caloric deficit for 4 months (eating around 1740kcal) trying to get stage ready since I'm going to be competing soon. My macros are about 174g protein, 152g carbs and 48g fat. I'm 5'7" and currently weigh at 139lbs with 9% body fat. I've realized that this is the first time that during my cut I was able maintain most of my strength on major lifts. But that also has a lot to do with proper programming incorporated with this diet. As nutrition and workout have a 50-50 split among them. I do skip breakfast and rely on black coffee and water for the first 5 to 6 hrs after waking up that pushes my first meal later into the day which kinda helps a lot when your eating below your maintenance level. I also track macros so I pretty much eat everything for the most part, my diet doesn't restrict anything as long as it fits my macros. However I do tend to eat clean for the most part as your body is like an engine and so it needs good source of fuel to run efficiently and at its best.
  • stephenmoralee
    stephenmoralee Posts: 75 Member
    Skipping Breakfast and 6 Hours Black Cofee and Water, i do exactly the same