Is it too late to eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think as a society our relationship with food is so far gone that a lot of us ask ourselves questions like this....because someone saw on Oprah or Dr. Oz not to eat after a certain hour. A calorie is a calorie, time is time. Hunger is hunger. Eat when your hungry, but not too much, and only until you are full. Follow that advice and your gonna have a better time.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    As long as you're within your calorie limits, go for it. I budget some calories for night snacks every day.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Its never too late to eat. I eat whenever I want. Sometimes up to 800 calories directly before bed. Still losing fat.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Add me to the long list of people who got to their goal weight eating a substantial bed time snack. Usually PB&J on an English muffin. I also like fiber rich fruits like apples, since fiber keeps me fuller longer.
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You have a good reason to eat late as you're way under your daily calorie goal. I on the other hand am not and just made penne with walnut and sage butter sauce.......damn those late night cravings! LOL
  • littlelouis
    littlelouis Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to eat. Especially when you are so much under your daily calorie intake. Eat up!
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Eat some protein.
  • dysonspacz
    dysonspacz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Eat something simple/light. You won't burn in hell for eating some toast or a light sammich. It keeps you from waking up hungry tomorrow and devouring everything in sight. Allow yourself to be HUMAN! Go ahead and eat something tonight but keep it reasonable. After 20 minutes, if you're still hungry then munch again on something reasonable.

The alternative is eating an entire frozen pizza in one sitting and insomniacs like me enduring your self-loathing rants about eating THAT.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when in the day (or night) you eat. Your body cannot tell time.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    800 calories left huh? Pint of Ben & Jerry's ought to do the trick. Then fall into your food coma clockwork orange style. Thats what I would do.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Personally I eat up to 11:30pm everyday. I just don't exceed my calorie limit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I eat right before bed almost every night. I'm eating right now actually (It's 12:30 am here). I've gone from about 150 lbs to 126 lbs and from a 12-10 to a 6-4 pant/dress size. I think the no eating late thing is a myth.