I am 5'4" and my weight fluctuates between 139 to 142 lbs

Options
I am so tired of my weight not falling below the 139 lbs mark since one year. I was hoping to get down to 130 lbs and would like some trips from those who have been in my situation.
My starting point was 144 lbs - my weight tends to be in a comfort zone

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you, I was stuck at 130 for a year and the only thing that pushed me across the line was tightening my logging and finding a strength building exercise that you enjoy and could work hard at x
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    For starters ideal weight for 5'4" is around 110 to 144 lbs. So you are well within the healthy range for your height.

If you want to lose a few pounds, this is where those last 10 pounds or so is going to take precision in all that you do. Setting up your goal to lose .5 a week, and weighing and logging your food intake every day so that you adhere to a calorie deficit (each day and week) is how you get there. Doing this more than 1 pound a week will prove quite difficult. No cheat days, and no going under calories. Meet the calorie goal everyday.

Setup your stats, choose the right activity level in MFP and setup your goal for .5 to 1 pound per week. Your exercise will be added separately on top of the deficit number you are given.

Adhere to the MFP process (app + food scale/logging) and do this diligently and consistently will get you where you want to be.

I am 5'4" and I started 140 and now below 120. It can be done.
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just some tough love here but I'm almost 100% sure you're f*cking yourself over with your diet. (I'm assuming you workout). Those multiple days over your calorie goal add up so you're probably cutting the same amount of weight back and forth all year. Find something you can stick to and not sabotage over and over again is key here or you'll keep spinning your wheels for another year. Like the poster above said, dial in your diet. Stick to the numbers.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much, that's pretty much all. Eat less.