Yogurts with Probiotics?

Options
Besides the obvious activia brand which advertises it's probiotic content, which other yogurt brands contain probiotics? I currently have been buying Oikos Triple Zero and Dannon Greek Light. Any information or knowledge would be greatly apprecitated!

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    If you want a big probiotic bang I would suggest kefir which is fermented milk but tastes like and has the same consistency as drinkable yogurt.
  • littefish2018
    littefish2018 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I drink the Lifeway Kefir because it also has L. Reuteri which helped balance out my whole system
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Fage Greek yoghurt is a good one. I can't do too much dairy and just take a supplement found in the coolers at a health food store. They are expensive though.

I hear pickles, sourkraut, miso soup and other fermented foods are also good.
  • AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I adore my Siggi's Icelandic Skyr. It's a thick, Greek style yogurt without all the preservatives and fakes sugars in oikos. Great flavors, not overly sweet. Ever since I switched I find the oikos triple zero way too sweet.
  • sctf75
    sctf75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with the kefir and Fage (I do like Siggi's, too!)- all of my favorites. Plain kefir is great for smoothies, but may take some getting used to, if you are used to the ones with flavoring added. I try to stay away from the 'natural flavors' (and artificial, too, of course), and these pass the test for ingredients!