Help me understand this please.

Options
I am just starting all of this calorie counting and exercise business the right way. In 2010 I lost 60Lbs doing Weight Watchers, add in a pregnancy and another child and it just wouldn't work for me anymore.

Anyway I am 5'4"/F/227lbs and I want to lose 2lbs a week.So MFP gave me the 1200 Calories per day. The first 3-4 days were rough but my body has adjusted decently well.I don't find myself starving or anything but the problem lies in the activity I am doing. Every night I am biking anywhere from 300-400 calories,Fitbit adjusts to give me roughly 150 extra calories,Monday/Wednesday/Friday I do a Total body makeover video that's about 20 minutes long(with a burn of 120) and swimming for about an hour a couple times a week which gives me a burn of about 600.On another board I was told NEVER to eat my calories back I lose from exercise and I haven't been but then I come here and I am getting conflicting information.

I seriously have no idea what I am doing here, and I have no idea what the net calories are. ... If everything is correct 1200-my usual burn of around 600 would only be 600 calories intake.Is this okay with my weight though? I would never sacrifice my health nor heart for weight loss.I want to do this the right way.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Your net should be at least 1200 (net should equal goal and remaining calories should be 0 at the end of the day). It is definitely not okay to try and run your body on only 600 calories a day - that's not healthy at all. MFP already factors in your calorie deficit - so other sites might be different where you wouldn't eat back those calories. 2 lbs a week is pretty aggressive - don't stress if you don't always hit that.