Pedometers here, pedometers there. I can't choose!!

Options
I'm looking at all these pedometers on ebay, and there is just so many to go through! I tried looking the "best pedometers" online, but either they're way to complex, or they are ranging like $50.
I am a walker (occasionally run) and I just want something simple to track steps/calories.
Any suggestions that rang from $5- $25?

Replies

• judiebruce
    Options
    I've gone through a few different models. Started with a cheap New Balance that used a spring. I wouldn't recommend those. From there I went to the New Balance Via Slim (about $20). That one was my favorite so far (although it get's pretty mixed reviews on Amazon). It was pretty consistently accurate though. I tested it against my own count and against an app on my phone that used GPS. But then I lost it. I couldn't find the Via Slim in stores anymore, so I bought a Sportline 340DS to replace it and the Sportline is AWFUL. Absolutely useless. It gave me 114 steps last night just for taking it off and setting it on my desk. I think I'm probably gonna end up buying another Via Slim online.
  • phyl303
    phyl303 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Before I got my fitbit one (which I LOVE!) I used an adroid app called accupedo. It seemed pretty accurate and it was free.
  • bisquickshawl
    bisquickshawl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Before I got my fitbit one (which I LOVE!) I used an adroid app called accupedo. It seemed pretty accurate and it was free.

My problem with pedometer apps is that that they either run down my battery life, or it wont work if my phone locked.