Changing Calorie Goal

Options
How long after starting here should I wait before changing my calorie goal? I have been cranky and tired but I don't know if I just need to let my body get used to this or if I really should just eat more. I have only been logging for 3 days now. Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    How many calories is your deficit?
  • realsammysalamander
    Options
    I have it set to lose 1 pound a week so 500 kcals.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    About the first month of my (serious) weight loss journey I was ill as a nest of hornets. I went from an unknown (but very high) number of calories a day, while drinking only Mtn Dew to 1200 calories a day, Mtn Dew stopped cold turkey. I began to learn that when I started to get ill, it was time for a small snack....working out in the morning so I could eat more also helped....caffeine pills helped....tums helped when my stomach was too empty but I was out of calories. My body and mind gradually adapted and I started to learn how to time my meals to satiate the "hangry" feeling. If your body doesn't start to adapt or your results aren't what you want after a couple of weeks, you might re-evaluate your calories.