How to Use Existing Recipe in Another Recipe?

Options
When creating a recipe in the MyFitnessPal app - is it possible to reference an already existing recipe I created as part of the new recipe I'm creating?

For example, I currently have a "scrambled eggs" recipe which I also want to include as part of my "breakfast burrito" recipe. I don't see an option to include my scrambled eggs in the breakfast burrito recipe. Is there a way?

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You can not use a saved Recipe in a new Recipe using the (somewhat) new Recipe Builder on the web or mobile apps.

However, you can use the Old Recipe Calculator, found only on the web version, by navigating to FOOD > Recipes > Old Recipe Calculator Enter New Recipe.

The indexer and search engine for the Old Recipe Calculator still finds your Recipes and you can add them to a new Recipe. I strongly suggest using a unique word in the title of your Recipe, such as your MFP username, so that the indexer and search engine will find them more easily. Also, once you save a new Recipe with the Old Recipe Calculator, you can only edit it with the new Recipe Builder workflow, so you can not add an existing Recipe during editing.

Good luck!