When do you feel the bulk kickin in?

Options
if you have been lifting for a while, are on a good program, or experienced with bulk cut cycles, you know what I mean. When do you start to feel the "bulk" take effect after a cut. When you start to feel those calories being put to good use lol. When the shirts become tighter and you feel more filled out? Unless you're in an insane surplus and you gain a bunch of fat, but I'm talking about a nice lean bulk with a moderate surplus. When do you start to feel that fullness in the muscle and clothes become tighter in a good way lol? I know fat gain will happen, but it's not horrible and you feel good! It usually takes me about 6-8 weeks with proper calories and programming to feel the effect. Wbu guys?(: hope this post makes sense like it does in my head lol

Replies

• ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I notice the effect on my workouts within a week, size wise I've never really managed to bulk successfully (chicken out when I start to gain fat) and so hoping to do it properly this time. When I *did* do it before, I guess a month or so is when I noticed scales shooting up/shirts tighter etc.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    ajnb88 wrote: »
    I notice the effect on my workouts within a week, size wise I've never really managed to bulk successfully (chicken out when I start to gain fat) and so hoping to do it properly this time. When I *did* do it before, I guess a month or so is when I noticed scales shooting up/shirts tighter etc.

Well don't get scared of it man, it's a good feeling!!
  • ajnb88
    Options

Well don't get scared of it man, it's a good feeling!!

Im hoping the winter/more layers/harder workouts will keep the anxiety at bay this time :smile:
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    When I have to do a 1RM lat pull workout to get my knee sleeves on. When I have to set my Powerlifting belt a notch or two looser.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    ajnb88 wrote: »

It is my first time bulking. I was so excited today when I was able to add weight on the bar to all of my lifts! I hope the progress continues. :smile:
  • ajnb88
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    It is my first time bulking. I was so excited today when I was able to add weight on the bar to all of my lifts! I hope the progress continues. :smile:

I really found those first workouts after starting to eat more eye opening. It's incredible how much more powerful you feel with the calories in you :)
  • aown61
    aown61 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    For me personally, 3-4 weeks, my lifts have gone up, I'm loving it, my lats ripped through the back of 1 of my shirts a couple of days ago so I know I'm getting bigger!
  • dillmilk
    dillmilk Posts: 88 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    When you have to spend money on a new fitted suit :'(
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    dillmilk wrote: »
    When you have to spend money on a new fitted suit :'(

Be cheaper if you get a current suit to be taken out or in by a tailor which is what I have done.