Forcing myself to eat...

Options
At the beginning of my journey I could eat a mountain and had no problems eating my burned calories. I am now feeling ad though I am forcing myself to eat the max amt of calories I neef to lse weight. I know if I do not eat my body does not get the nutrition it needs to burn fat. Anyone feel the same, are you forcing yourself to eat?

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I was feeling that way, then added strength training to my routine, now I don't force myself to hit my goals, I get there comfortably.

Rigger
  • squantee
    squantee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is exactly how I feel at the moment, I just feels like I have no desire to eat as much as is needed. I feel quite frustrated at times especially late afternoon or early evening when I know I m suppose to eat just to add to my calories.
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    so today I ate a cranberry muffin and bacon and it **** my calories up. I think eating healthy high calories might be the way to get the calories I need. Glad to know I am not the only one feeling this way. Good luck with your journey.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's all in your head. Quit playing the diet game and just call it a lifestyle. It isn't a struggle to eat a decent amount of food unless you want to think it is.
  • msladydove
    msladydove Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Since I am just really getting started on the journey of losing weight, I am feeling the same way.
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It's all in your head. Quit playing the diet game and just call it a lifestyle. It isn't a struggle to eat a decent amount of food unless you want to think it is.

THIS.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    so today I ate a cranberry muffin and bacon and it **** my calories up. I think eating healthy high calories might be the way to get the calories I need. Glad to know I am not the only one feeling this way. Good luck with your journey.

Many people start to think, oh I'm on a diet, I can't eat that ____. But, they go too far. Eat what you like, but smaller portions. Or, eat mostly lean proteins and fruits and veg, but then be sure you eat enough healthy fats (which will increase calories. Or eat according to a specific diet plan (vegan, vegetarian, paleo, etc.).

There are all sorts of ways to eat, but just be sure that the types of food taste good to you (no reason to force down something awful), keep you satiated, provide you enough energy to complete your daily routine and exercise, and will ultimately help you meet your goals (whether weight loss, weight gain, getting stronger, etc.)

No reason to make it harder than it is.