Depression/ anxiety/PTSD and working out

Options
2»

Replies

• mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When I have depression I do a short work out. Mentally if I think it's going to be long then I have a hard time doing it. If I'm anxious I do extra cardio those days cause I feel better after. What I find works for me is waking up early and working out because if not I'll make excuses.
  • marykt2016
    marykt2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've never gone in the community tab here before, but this is a post I actually wanted to see. I have a number of issues too, side effects from all of it being gaining a poop-ton of weight, starvation, and just always feeling like nothing is worth it. I've chosen to stay unmedicated, but the depression and anxiety and phobias really get me sometimes.

I find what helps me get up is having and Wii Fit and Just Dance. If I can at least get up and step on that balance board for a weigh-in and age test, I've had a good day. My biggest problem is finding motivation to eat and cook...Since we moved in July, I haven't had the motivation to do what I love to do, which means more calories from eating out and less moving at home and more feelings of worthlessness.

My partner isn't super motivating all the time. And I'm in university so I feel like I'm wasting time exercising when I have studying, but then I don't study either and I get depressed and lay in bed all day. Trying to get motivation to go to the gym alone and do some reading but I'm too anxious. Depression is hard. If I can at least move a little and get 5000 steps, I've had a good day!