Tips for carb cycling?

Options
afontanos
afontanos Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I recently found out about carb cycling. Does anybody have any good tips or suggestions on it? If anybody has their meal plan for the week to share that would be helpful too. Thanks and good luck to everyone on their fitness journey :)

Replies

• Ibshealthfitnesswithashleys
    Options
    Hello I am starting this tomorrow if you want to do this with me as well?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to carb cycle? I mean there's nothing wrong with it but it's not magic. I find it more beneficial for training purposes/refeeds if anything.
  • afontanos
    afontanos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love pasta, rice, and bread but my body does not respond well to them. I'm hoping carb cycling will allow me indulge in the food that I enjoy and not heavily restrict myself. I won't start it now but will once I hit my plateau. I know eventually my body will get too used to my current routine. What I'm doing now is not sustainable (low carb diet, 30 hiit daily, 3 mile runs daily)as I'm trying to shred weight/ inches fast for an upcoming vacation. I don't want to obsess about food like I am now. Carb cycling seems more appealing than a low carb diet is all.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    You should consume more carbs if you're going to cycle, especially for longer distances.