BEST Appetite suppressants

Options
2»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Don't try to suppress hunger. Eating takes the hunger away, but just temporarly. And that's not a bad thing. If you eat enough - enough calories and sufficient amounts of all the nutrients you need - hunger is manageable. You can learn to manage - even appreciate - your hunger. Hunger should be just as unpleasant as feeling horny, or looking forward to going on vacation, or waiting to enter the football field - if you enjoy sex, like traveling, or are a football player - is unpleasant.

I just so love this comparison. h.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Coffee and gum. I like the sugar free Mentos.

Ooh, yes. Gum and hard candies
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Anyone know any good ones that work?

For me:

Exercise.

Protein.

Fiber.

A well rounded meal in moderation.

This ^^^

Also, just staying busy. Even when I didn't watch what I ate, if I was busy, I didn't get hungry. If I was sitting around bored, I would think I was hungry and start eating.
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Strongly flavored foods. For me, vinegary foods work best. Pickles, pickled peppers, hot peppers, etc. Totally takes away my appetite.

I agree!! But for me it's bitter. I eat a dark chocolate covered almond or coffee works too.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Not eating breakfast.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Fat and sparkling water for me.
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My cooking. Just smelling my food makes me lose my appetite sometimes...
  • MNFitnessGal
    MNFitnessGal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Eating more proteins and fiber will fill you up and keep you satisfied longer. That does work. Drug type suppressents can be dangerous over time. Quick fixes don't keep it off long term. My dr. said 'get distracted' when you get hungry. The cravings will be less and less the more you focus on something else. Hope it helps. I am working hard at this myself.
  • rhawfax1986
    rhawfax1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    coffee, chew spearmint gum, brush teeth.. but mostly.. pay attention .. or even take notes on the foods the leave you feeling full. I try to keep mental note on when I eat ...then i'm hungry a short time later. There is usually a pattern.

side note.. I'm now feeling very in control of my hunger, where i truly can't believe how I can wait to eat and have portion control.. but it has taken me being exercising and eating right for 60 days for it to kick in..
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    ECA stack
  • martibaxter
    martibaxter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Coffee, water, pickled beetroot (tasty and low cal), apples all help me stave off until the next meal. Not found an appetite suppressant that works sadly.