Holiday Eating Advice

Hi, I'm off on my holidays next Thursday to Lanzarote, Spain. I plan to go on a 2 mile walk every morning and then will probably spend the rest of the day on a sun lounger by the pool and swimming. What I am worried about is the eating out every evening, I can control what I eat during the day as we are staying in a villa. Any advice would be great.

Replies

• TarshCooper001
    TarshCooper001 Posts: 25 Member
    Hi, I recently had a holiday in Thailand and my advise is to enjoy your holiday!
    Eat what ever you like- just halve the portions, drink anything you like- but ask for the skinnier versions.
    I put on 2 1/2 kg (5.5lbs) on my 2 week vacation but it only took me a week back at home to get it back off..

Holidays dont last for long so enjoy and reserve the strict regimes for when you are at home :)
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Holidays dont last for long so enjoy and reserve the strict regimes for when you are at home :)

Yup.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    There are two ways of doing this. You can either stick with your eating plan (as far as it is possible on holiday) and come home with little or no weight gain, or you can say 'I am on holiday, I have waited all year for this, I am going to enjoy it. I will deal with any gain over the next week or two back home'.

I have done it both ways but prefer the second choice. Either way if you could stick with the lighter options to minimise damage.

Enjoy your holiday.