Can't lose weight eating 1200 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    mariya_tsi wrote: »
    What is your body type? If you're an endomorph like me it will make it almost impossible to lose weight without exercise. https://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/the-story-of-the-endomorph-how-to-work-with-what-you-have

False. Body types don't affect weight loss.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    Don't starve yourself or your body will fight you and keep the weight ON. Eat sensibly with 3 meals a day. Don't snack much. Drink lots of water and keep moving.

I would argue towards eating smaller meals more often during the day - like 5-6 meals per day.

But that's just what I found has worked for me and what every single weightloss/body scultpting coach person out there (just about) says.

Speeding up metabolism and all that. eat every 3-4 hours tops.

Splitting your calorie intake different ways / meal frequency / meal timing doesn't boost your metabolism - that's just a myth I'm afraid.

OP - suggest you make your diary public if you want specific advice. The most common issue is simply that logging is inaccurate and you are eating more than you think.

It's also worth noting that the scientific evidence behind the "little and often" advice has been refuted. Take a look at the links within this article:

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/04/13/should-you-eat-many-small-meals-each-day.aspx
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    Don't starve yourself or your body will fight you and keep the weight ON. Eat sensibly with 3 meals a day. Don't snack much. Drink lots of water and keep moving.

I would argue towards eating smaller meals more often during the day - like 5-6 meals per day.

But that's just what I found has worked for me and what every single weightloss/body scultpting coach person out there (just about) says.

Speeding up metabolism and all that. eat every 3-4 hours tops.

Splitting your calorie intake different ways / meal frequency / meal timing doesn't boost your metabolism - that's just a myth I'm afraid.

OP - suggest you make your diary public if you want specific advice. The most common issue is simply that logging is inaccurate and you are eating more than you think.

It's also worth noting that the scientific evidence behind the "little and often" advice has been refuted. Take a look at the links within this article:

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/04/13/should-you-eat-many-small-meals-each-day.aspx

You lost me at 'Mercola'...