Replies

• bspikes86
    bspikes86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    wow you look great!! what an awesome transformation. congrats
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Awesome job brother! Congrats on making SWAT!
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words. I am pretty proud of how far I have come and want to keep it going as long as I can.

I am 6'3" since someone asked.

As far as my specific diet and workout stuff goes.
    I ate a moderate deficit 4-600 cal/day for most of the time and kept my metabolism high. I was not afraid to hit a refeed day once in a while when I felt the need and the occasional cheat day was in there too but I usually didn't go nuts with those. I eat a lot of protein and try to keep fat under control.

My workout is lifting 4-5 days/wk with an upper-lower split based around the big compounds.
    monday is Bench day and I work in the rest of the upper body there too
    Tuesday is Squat day with two variations of squats and other leg work
    Wed is rest day #1 with possible light cardio but that usually gets skipped
    Thursday is OHP day with another full upper workout added in
    Friday is Dead lift day with another big leg day added in for good measure

I rest on weekends. Many times I feel lazy having two rest days in a row so sometimes I skip the weights on Friday and do deads on Saturday then rest on Sunday.

I used to eat back all my exercise calories but since about the first of the year I don't even log my exercises. I was doing -25% on rest days and +10% on lifting days.

I am now eating a steady 200 cal surplus every day with the focus mainly on hitting my 1g protein/lb body weight target and keeping fat at .5g/lb or less.

Thanks all again, this was the first time I have sat down and looked at those pictures side by side and it really is a pretty good illustration for my head to keep it in perspective. Keep it up everyone, your goal is just a matter of keeping moving and seeing the long range goal.
  • crissyrox
    crissyrox Posts: 94
    Options
    Thank you not only for your story of inspiration but also for your dedication as an officer serving those around you. We need more people like you in this world willing to serve and protect others before themselves. :smile:
  • Banya7
    Banya7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yours is a story of inspiration, thank you so much for sharing and congratulations to you and your wife for committing to a healthier lifestyle!:smile:
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story. Thank you for putting your life on the line every day. :flowerforyou:
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, thank you for your service. I can't see pics, but your story is very inspirational.
    Congrats.
  • Laac68
    Laac68 Posts: 55
    Options
    Wow! You look great. Thanks for sharing your story.

(And goodness, I might have to fan myself after looking at the towel photo!)

^^^ This.
  • fitfunk
    fitfunk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Those are some powerful photos. Tragic story. Congratulations to you on reaching your SWAT goal. Great transformation!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! This was a great read. Sorry for your loss..
    You look fantastic. Keep it up!
  • fleurdevereux
    Options
    You look fantastic. Awesome job!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great progress.
  • sheepgirl44
    sheepgirl44 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lucky Wife!!! And way to go, both of you!!!!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! You look great, congratulations :smile:
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    THAT is the most awesome 9lb difference I've seen, ever.

He looks exactly the same with his shirt on, then shirt off BAM!!

Congrats dude.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Brilliant results, well done. (And make sure you stay as safe as you can doing your job :))
  • trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump
  • granitendirt
    Options
    Thanks for your service. Great results, and I'm impressed by your wife too.

The small gym where I work out is right next to the fire station in town, so I'm often sharing lifting space with firefighters. It definitely motivates me when lifting around those guys.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Thanks for sharing your story. :-)
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Now that is inspiring! I was feeling ok today, and felt like I could use some motivation. I just found it. You look great keep up the awesome work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!