270 to 243... Loosing Motivation, Would Love Some MFP Friends

Options
***I would really love some support and to help out whomever needs it***
SW: 270
CW: 243.4
Intermediate GW: 185 (so I can ride horses at the therapy barn again)
End GW: 130

I was on a really awesome track for the past two weeks, but I weighed in this morning and I gained 2 pounds? I understand it might be muscle but... I just feel terrible because I did eat some sweets this weekend.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    2 lbs is well within normal fluctuation range. Nothing to fret over. Keep up the good work!
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and don't let this derail you. You've done a great job so far!!! I understand how aggravating those flucuations are. I've been really disciplined for the last 3 weeks and I am struggling up and down with one pound. It comes and it goes and I make no progress. There are moments where I feel despair but I keep trying to have that talk with myself and push through.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Im here with you, SW 295.5 CW 268.3 GW:175 ! Sending a friend request
  • TDiaz214
    TDiaz214 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just keep going and take it a day at a time.

If you've messed up, just go again.

You got this
  • Shamlizy
    Shamlizy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh bless you are doing really well and don't worry about 2lbs too much.
  • ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This is why I only weigh myself once a week. I started off weighing myself in the morning every day and at night every day. I could vary 2-4lbs during the day, and by the next morning it could also be 2-4lbs different from the night before. So I could go from 209 in the am to 213 at night and back to 209 in the morning again. By doing it once a week in the morning after you use the restroom in the same attire everytime, you get a more accurate reading.

Also people love to say it, so surprised it hasn't been said here, but weight loss isn't linear. The relationship between fat, muscle and weight is a fairly complex thing to understand. So have you been taking measurements? Those are generally a more accurate way to track weight loss. You might gain weight, but shed inches. Scales can and do lie to us.
  • MinnieGirl2016
    MinnieGirl2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm totally here if you ever need some motivation, because I need it too--BAD! It's hard but I KNOW we can do it! Message anytime!
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I know.the feeling .. I log every sat am on my weight and sweat it every week .. .. I just stick to the.plan .. I know where giving up will take me so i have no choice
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    first off 2 lbs isn't anything. Second off, we all have off days! One day will not completely derail you. Think about it, even if you ate 3500 calories over your daily need... that is only one pound! FOCUS! I SAY FOCUS! lol Feel free to FR me, I am always looking for friends to help and push me also!
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Speaking for myself nothing provides more encouragement than seeing those numbers moving down on the scale. That is why I weigh myself everyday and chart it everyday so even if there is a day where the number moves up (this has happened many times) I can still see that the overall trend is down and that encourages me to wait it out. If you look at my weight loss report it looks like hills and valleys with all the spikes. Sometimes that number on the scale will go up, seemingly for no reason but if it happens overnight with no discernible cause then it will go away. One week I lost 2.5 pounds and for the next 2.5 weeks I stayed the same weight or would gain 2lbs. Finally another 2 pounds came off. I knew I was in deficit and I knew that that number would come down. Even if you have an off day and eat over calories, get right back with the next meal. It will be okay.
  • tkirby2605
    tkirby2605 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    keep going . I went from 305 last year to 249 now. headed for 195. never even realized I was fat. pick a diet plan and stick to it. get used to the fact that most commercially available prepared food is virtually poison. cook your own, or get into one of the plans (south beach, weight watchers, ornish) Check this link: http://health.usnews.com/best-diet . good luck!
  • zestyzesty
    zestyzesty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I have had some really bad weeks when I was feeling stressed or ill and either didn't eat or didn't eat good foods. When I started on MFP I was 285+ lbs and everything seemed so distant and far away. As of today I am 196 lbs which I would never have believed was possible 2 years ago. It takes time, patience and it can be a rollercoaster physically and emotionally. But... you are on the journey to better health, and you are heading somewhere really good. You can so do this. Look how far you have already come and will continue to do so! Good luck.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty. That's not going to help and some indulgences are not forbidden just remember everything in moderation. Don't panic looking at the scale two pounds is not much and shouldn't make you feel bad. Good luck!

I was on a really awesome track for the past two weeks, but I weighed in this morning and I gained 2 pounds? I understand it might be muscle but... I just feel terrible because I did eat some sweets this weekend.

• Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    First off, unless you ate 7000 calories over your maintenance yesterday, it is just water weight (you will not gain muscle at a calorie deficit). Think of 1lb of fat = 3500 calories. You are female so it could even be due to your monthly cycle. Don't worry about a 2 lb difference. Drink extra water and it will be gone in a day or so.
  • oliveregamey
    oliveregamey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ericwhitt wrote: »
    This is why I only weigh myself once a week. I started off weighing myself in the morning every day and at night every day. I could vary 2-4lbs during the day, and by the next morning it could also be 2-4lbs different from the night before. So I could go from 209 in the am to 213 at night and back to 209 in the morning again. By doing it once a week in the morning after you use the restroom in the same attire everytime, you get a more accurate reading.

Also people love to say it, so surprised it hasn't been said here, but weight loss isn't linear. The relationship between fat, muscle and weight is a fairly complex thing to understand. So have you been taking measurements? Those are generally a more accurate way to track weight loss. You might gain weight, but shed inches. Scales can and do lie to us.

I do only weigh myself once a week, I gained 2lbs. Thank you for the information though :)

• oliveregamey
    oliveregamey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bearbo27 wrote: »
    First off, unless you ate 7000 calories over your maintenance yesterday, it is just water weight (you will not gain muscle at a calorie deficit). Think of 1lb of fat = 3500 calories. You are female so it could even be due to your monthly cycle. Don't worry about a 2 lb difference. Drink extra water and it will be gone in a day or so.

Good point! Thank you!
  • Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ericwhitt wrote: »

I do only weigh myself once a week, I gained 2lbs. Thank you for the information though :)

And this is why I weigh daily, logging it in the Libra app. I gained 2lbs from Sat to Monday this week. But I expected it because I know i was nuts on the sodium all weekend (nasty head cold...needed soup!) Tuesday I spent half the day peeing and today I'm .4lbs lighter than Sat.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff..You got it going on! It starts upstairs..stay strong mentally and realize you're gonna have a few swings..but that's life..

Just keep your goal in mind, and ENJOY the journey you're on. Don't fret over the destination or you'll focus and stop enjoying the journey, which causes people to quit.

Have fun , enjoy each step, the ups and downs, you're making progress and one day you'll look back and see just how much you accomplished, because you did not give up!

2ekfdjhtsmxa.jpg
  • jaysfan1
    jaysfan1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

You got this!!! Keep up the great work :)