Looking for motivation, advice and friends.

Options
Hey all.

Been looking around the forums for the past 2 weeks and it's been great! I have been learning so much and what's awesome is realising people are going through the same journey I am.

I'm a confessed over eater and am looking at best ways to get over this issue. I've changed my lifestyle and have been eating healthy food and exercising regularly. Exercise has been the hardest part as my body is not used to it, so I feel like walking is my only option. Trying to learn what is safe to start with.

I find it hard to talk to my friends face to face about weight loss and have stayed clear of the gym. To be honest I've been worried about embarrassing myself.

Anyway if ya feel like you're in a similar position and need motivation, or have been where I am and want to give advice please add me as a friend. Greatly appreciated.

Shaun

Replies

• Becarolach
    Becarolach Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I only started 3 weeks ago but glad to hear ur on your way! My son lost 70 pounds several years ago and still logs on daily I am sure the journey will be challenging along the way but we can get there one meal at a time, good luck and I would love to be ur friend and watch u succeed! U deserve it
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Honestly a gym is not necessary. I purchased a used treadmill for $50, a knock off of a Chuck Norris "Total Gym" for $150 and so far I'm down 35lbs and down 3 sizes (soon the 4th).
    Going to start using exercise rings which are super versatile and not expensive.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Hi Shaun, I'm Lisa. I feel the same way. I don't really talk to my friends about it and I actually had anxiety about going to the gym.
    I've lost 65 pounds and have regularly gone to the gym about a month. It takes time. I have an open diary and I log daily. Please send a friend request if you are looking for friends. I welcome all friend requests.
  • ISparkyI
    ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks heaps for the friend requests, walked to work today feeling energetic and was great reading other peoples progress with the updates. This really is a great community!