Coffee w/cream and splenda??

Options
se015
se015 Posts: 583 Member
Hey everyone, so I needed a coffee in the morning before work and usually I can make my coffee at work, but today I couldn't, so I order an extra large coffee with cream (not sure how much cream) and SPLENDA, so WHY does MFP say that coffee has 37 grams of Carbs?? Where are the carbs coming from isn't Splenda sugar free? I didn't think Creamer had any carbs, just fat?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    Entries in the database are user-entered. Lots of mistakes. Use a different one or enter it yourself.
  • se015
    Options
    what do you mean enter it yourself? I searched for "Dunkin Donuts Extra Large Coffee w/cream and splenda"
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The carbs come from the milk sugars (lactose) in the cream.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    what do you mean enter it yourself? I searched for "Dunkin Donuts Extra Large Coffee w/cream and splenda"

People enter their own foods however they want to enter them. You can create your own foods with your own macros, and then use them from your "MY FOODS" list. Then you know they are correct.

Go to "Help" at the top of any page for instructions how to enter your own food entries.

...and geneticsteac...there are not 35g carbs in a serving of creamer unless that creamer also has sugar in it. Two ounces of unflavored creamer has only 2g carb.
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    How do you know that Dunkin Donuts is using real cream? Half and half will have carbs, and milk has carbs, as do powdered creamers. The only cream without carbs is REAL cream, like heavy cream.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Sorry, totally missed the 35g! That is a lot of carbs for plain coffee with cream; was it a flavored coffee? Or, as suggested, perhaps it was not real cream.
  • se015
    Options
    okay maybe that makes sense, who knows what "cream" is in Dunkin Donuts....damn. okay well lesson learned thanks guys!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If you just took some entry out of the MFP database, it's probably wrong.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    okay maybe that makes sense, who knows what "cream" is in Dunkin Donuts....damn. okay well lesson learned thanks guys!

I'm sure this varies greatly according to who's making your coffee. Next time, order cream on the side if possible.

Either way, you'd need about 2 1/2 cups of half and half to get to 37 carbs.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

any milk or cream has carbs, it's lactose.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Splenda has about 3 carbs per packet. Cream also has a amount. Sounds like it was milk or creamer in use.

...and carbohydrates are not just sugar.