Recomp!

Options
Any good links for me to start this? I keep seeing "eat at maintenance" can someone explain this?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what are your goals?
  • hannahlovespizza_
    hannahlovespizza_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    what are your goals?

I'm 5'3 and at 123 currently but my stomach area is still fatty. I know spot reducing isn't a thing but I know that despite my weight, my fat percentage is rather high. I want to flatten out and drop the percentage.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what are your goals?

I'm 5'3 and at 123 currently but my stomach area is still fatty. I know spot reducing isn't a thing but I know that despite my weight, my fat percentage is rather high. I want to flatten out and drop the percentage.

do you know your current body fat %?

I would suggest a small cut - say 250 calorie deficit - and get on some kind of structured lifting regimen ...
  • hannahlovespizza_
    hannahlovespizza_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    what are your goals?

do you know your current body fat %?

I would suggest a small cut - say 250 calorie deficit - and get on some kind of structured lifting regimen ...
    I have the Fitbit scale which I don't know if it's very accurate. But that tells me around 30% which is bothering
  • grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Look over in the maintaining weight threads. There's lots of info in there
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    It really is fairly simple, eat at maintenance and find you a structured lifting program. You can do maintenance with a really small deficit if you have more body fat to lose and still lift.