Bread, pizza, cost Oh My!

Options
2»

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    He's talking about this thread :). community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10454582/so-i-was-going-to-bake-my-first-bread#latest

I don't even bake bread, but I find the thread very interesting.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jeichelb83 wrote: »
    I was thinking he was referring to extra sugar added to the sauce, not the actual tomatoes. Yeah...a little too overboard for me. I love Italian food and I'm not one to add any sugar to my pasta or pizza sauce. For me, the more garlic/onions, the better:).

Actually, the more I think of it I think it's for vine or plucked ripeness not sauce itself, but as someone posted earlier you can just get a Brix meter for a fraction of the cost to test for ripeness. Of course, you can also just go with your gut like most and that adds nuance to the sauce.

I am pretty sure that's what it means. Like with winemaking it relates to the level of sugar in the grapes.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I went cheap and created the wild yeast levain according to the instructions. Then I created the pizza starter from the instructions. Then I created the pizza dough from the instructions. Then I created the pizza without the instructions and it was not perfect. For the instructions to be met, I needed a hotter oven, a pizza steel, and a pizza peel. Having insufficient heat I guessed wrong on the time and the result was magnificent but less than perfect. I carefully logged the ingredients into the recipe tool and came up with 151 calories for 1/4 of one thin-crust pepperoni pizza.