Weight loss supplement success?

Options
cali08
cali08 Posts: 12 Member
edited October 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Hey everyone!

So I am just posting this up here out of being curious. Has anyone tried weight loss supplements and had success with them??? Either appetite suppressants, metabolism boosters, ect. I just got a sample of a system that did all those that i mentioned plus gave me mental clarity, helped my headaches, helped me stay regular, and it even helped my sleep. It has a pill, shake, and a patch. The benefit I found with the patch is that it releases supplements all day vs a pill being rapidly absorbed.It's a little on the pricey side but I think it's worth the health investment.

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    If you eat a balanced diet you don't need supplements that being said I drink coffee and take c4 for more energy
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I have taken cellucor HD as a preworkout/energy booster...I felt it was effective, but due to the price, I stopped taking it. I switched to caffeine pills, along the vitamins b12 and d(vitamins under direction of doctor), and find I get the same effect from the caffeine pill preworkout or when I start to feel droopy.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    cali08 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

So I am just posting this up here out of being curious. Has anyone tried weight loss supplements and had success with them??? Either appetite suppressants, metabolism boosters, ect. I just got a sample of a system that did all those that i mentioned plus gave me mental clarity, helped my headaches, helped me stay regular, and it even helped my sleep. It has a pill, shake, and a patch. The benefit I found with the patch is that it releases supplements all day vs a pill being rapidly absorbed.It's a little on the pricey side but I think it's worth the health investment.

Supplements aren't really effective for losing weight. Even appetite suppressant lose their effectiveness over a short period of time. Also, any supplement that will actually effect metabolism is going to be banned as a side effect is death. Thermogenics are largely just caffeine which may burn a few calories, but in the end, calories have to be controlled.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If you like the other effects you listed it might be worth the price but that's up to you. It won't help much with direct weight loss though, the only thing that helps with that is managing your calories in/calories out. If there was really an effective pill/shake/patch for this, no one would be overweight.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Exactly what "supplements" do these patches contain? Other than the widely popular snake oil that is. If you want supplements that actually do something. Find a good balanced multivitamin and a quality omega 3 fish oil. The only real supplements that increase metabolism are controlled substances like T3 an artificial thyroid drug. Just count your calories and out the work in. Like the rest of us.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Wow. This miracle system sounds great. An all in one nootropic-analgesic-laxative-hypnotic sounds great!!!!

Where can I sign up to jump right on to that multi level marketing ladder?

Sigh.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    So... are you trying to sell Thrive?
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I used to use RIP FUEL and for short term weight loss it worked great. Had some other effects like night sweats, and at one point I thought I could see around corners. But then they changed the formula, and removed the good stuff. So I went back to diet and excersise :-(
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I used to use RIP FUEL and for short term weight loss it worked great. Had some other effects like night sweats, and at one point I thought I could see around corners. But then they changed the formula, and removed the good stuff. So I went back to diet and excersise :-(
    Shut up and take my money!!

In all seriousness though, I'm glad that you're not taking it anymore.

OP....supplements aren't really worth it for weight loss since calorie deficits work fantastically for free. However, if the supplement helped you in other ways (and not just placebo), then do as much research on this product (Google scholar may have some publications) to make sure that you're not taking anything that can harm you... don't just look at blogs; read reviews, read the good and the bad.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    cali08 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

it is not a health investment..it is just a way to trick you into giving your money to someone else by using fancy words like "all day absorbtion" don't do it, it is a bunch of woo woo ..

the only thing you need to be health is a balanced diet, calorie deficit, and some kind of exercise regimen ...