Sore abs after 30 day shred...

Options
I just started 30 day shred Im on day 3.... I couldn't even do the video consistently from start to finish on day 1....
I haven't exercised in yearrrrrrrs
Oh but after day one I woke up with SUCH sore ab area.... and still they continue to hurt so much...
Anyone else have this? I should keep going right?

Replies

• Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yeah, when I first started it I really struggled with some of the ab moves, 'specially the bicycle kicks or whatever. It WILL get easier, I promise you! Don't overdo it. If it starts to hurt too much, pause for a few breaths... but then keep going, haha
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred Im on day 3.... I couldn't even do the video consistently from start to finish on day 1....
    I haven't exercised in yearrrrrrrs
    Oh but after day one I woke up with SUCH sore ab area.... and still they continue to hurt so much...
    Anyone else have this? I should keep going right?

yes but maybe do it every other day as opposed to every day? Give your muscles a chance to rest and recover in between :smile:
  • Swany2
    Swany2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Keep going, I'm on day 16 and it really does get better. I've had days, even in level I when I thought I couldn't go on but I am, and I feel so much better for it. Thought I'd die when I started level 2 but again its getting better. I do have days where I'm sore but the next day I feel better.

And to be fair what's also keeping me motivated is I'm starting to see a difference in my shape!!!

Keep going, you can do it, I can do ir, we can do it!!!
  • JovanValor
    JovanValor Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred must have an exercise level specificly tailored towards beginers or returning. You should totally take it easy when your or muscle is shouting. I mean soreness is good and what your experiencing is the Doms effect witch typicly last max 3days if you eat properly in order to recover and rebuild the muscle tears. Always knowits ok to go at your pase and be honest with the Exercise, as in focus,feel,know the mind and muscle connection. Ahhh i hate been preachy i much rather break down the fundamentals of training so that their is a honest understanding with you and your body, but last time i did that i didnt even get a reply :/ , makes me wonder if some just want to hear an easy answer... But yes please be careful cause over training a muscle is counter productive.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions , im always happy to share my experience and knowledge
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Itbeginswithyourself Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of the Shred and I am no where near as sore as i was the 3rd day. I felt like I was dieing during the jumping jacks to jump rope lol. If I can do it you can... Good Luck. Feel free to add me :)
  • cmbellarose
    Options
    keep going.
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    For me it is the legs that kill me. I have been doing 30DS in addition to my regular gym (strength) session, and my legs have been SO SORE, I feel like I want to die doing the legs+arms bits of it.

I'm on day 5, level1, today I will do day 6 of level 1, add me if you'd like, I really believe it DOES get better, and I believe WE CAN DO IT :D
  • Schann7
    Schann7 Posts: 218
    Options
    Both times I have done 30DS I stopped hurting at around day 5. It does get better!
  • LilSquishyMoo
    Options
    I was really sore for the first few days. Around day 5-6 I noticed it got much easier! Today I completed L1 D9 and I can now do almost all of level 1 without stopping (although I still cannot do a proper push up!). When I first did level 1 I had to stop regularly just to breathe! It's amazing how far I've progressed in 9 days.

I was hoping to do L1 D10 tomorrow and then move on to Level 2, but my knee has been hurting for a couple of days. I've decided to take tomorrow as a rest day (will be my second one since starting it) and hopefully give it chance to heal a bit so I don't make it worse.

So, it does get easier as you go along, keep pushing!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need a nice strong drink?