Looking for inspiration

Options
Hi all,

I have been using a HiiT plan for a few months now (Freeletics) and have found it to be very heavy on Burpees!! Whilst I love the plan and the structure it brings - I would be grateful if some of you could spare the time to describe the workout plans that you follow, that work in conjunction with trying to remain on a calorific deficit plan within MFP. Alongside the HiiT stuff I also try and lift weights twice a week on a split routine as below:

Workout A
Barbell Deadlifts
BD push press
Bench step ups
DB Lat Raises
DB curtsy lunges
DB standing snow angel
Bicycle curls
Plank press

Workout B
Barbell Squats
Barbell Bench Press
Lat Pull Down
DB Arnold Press
Roll ups
Superman

What do you do??

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I alternate days running (now 20-25 miles per week) and SL 5x5. With the SL 5x5 I add in pull-ups and core work (kickers, planks, swimmers hip bridges et al.)
  • blueboy2526
    blueboy2526 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    HI - thanks, but what is SL 5x5?
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity Max30 about 5 days a week. I also do weights one day and yoga one day. I have a stationary stepper I use around those to get in extra cardio, usually in the evening while watching TV instead of sitting on the couch.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    I do AllPro Mon, Wed, Fri.
    swim, walk, or row Tue, Thu.
    Take Sat off
    Iyengar yoga Sun.

My focus is on lifting at the moment so my off day cardio is low impact, intensity 30min.

Cheers, h.
  • patdjohnson
    patdjohnson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love CrossFit, we go three to four times a week. I try to run on my days off from CrossFit.