Ophidion,
    What is HIIT????

NK

High intensity interval training.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have been on a healthy eating and exercise plan for just under 3 months. I am 27 years old, 5"9 and weigh 148lbs. I haven't got a huge amount of weight to lose (probably 8-10llbs max) and am looking to tone up.

I have completely cut out all junk food, upped my veg and fruit intake and consume an average of 1750 calories a day. I have increased my water intake to a minimum of 8 pints a day. I also exercise 5 times a week, a mix of cardio, stretches and weights.

So, why after nearly 3 months have I not lost any weight? I haven't even shifted 1lb. I thought that maybe I was gaining muscle mass and that perhaps I had lost inches - but no, not a measly inch off anywhere - my clothes still fit the same as they did in April.

What am I doing wrong? I can assure everyone I am not cheating and do not consume more calories than stated. I exercise for between an hour and an hour and a half - enough to get me sweating and so I feel the burn.

If anyone can shed any light I'd be really grateful, I am feeling incredibly despondent and like I want to give up. I have worked so hard and so far it's been for nothing.

AHM

When it comes to calories, a calorie is not a calorie. If you're eating too much fruit (natural sugar) it will spike your insulin level and keep you from burning any fat. Are you paying any attention to your ratios of Carbs, Fats, and Proteins? Ideally, you should eat 40% Carbs (mostly vegetables and SOME fruit), 30% Fats (nuts, seeds, oils) and 30% lean protein.

If you're using the default settings for MFP, it sets you up with WAY too many calories from carbs. If you change your goals, under custom, you can select 40% for Carbs and the other two adjust automatically. Try to pay attention to these ratios because they really do matter.

The time of day you are eating also makes a big difference. Have you tried consuming all of your calories in an 8-hour period and fasting the other 16 hours of the day? I promise you that will help you trim down, too. If you have any other nutrition questions, feel free to message me. Remember, abs are build in the kitchen. There IS a formula!

~Jeff
    Certified CrossFit Trainer

Fruits are filled with nutrition that may help you reach your weight loss goals. According to a study done by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or CDC, people who increased their daily fruit intake had an easier time maintaining and losing weight. Many fruits are high in fiber, which takes longer to digest and helps create a feeling of fullness, preventing over-eating later. Fruits are also low in fat and high in vitamins.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/323995-fruits-that-help-you-lose-weight-fast/#ixzz2ZI1l6aWr

Just wonder what you think, are you talking about general fat loss or finite fat loss for body builders or from experiences?
  • Cherriblossom
    Options
    This is in response to the sugar in fruit part of this conversation. My daily intake goals have me set at 24 grams of sugar per day. I love fruit. I ate a banana with my breakfast and now it tells me I only have 2 grams left of sugar for the whole day. I am not sure whether to cut out some of the fruit or if I should just know that bananas are healthy and ignore that part of the daily goal?
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    This is in response to the sugar in fruit part of this conversation. My daily intake goals have me set at 24 grams of sugar per day. I love fruit. I ate a banana with my breakfast and now it tells me I only have 2 grams left of sugar for the whole day. I am not sure whether to cut out some of the fruit or if I should just know that bananas are healthy and ignore that part of the daily goal?

If you are not diabetic, or have other *medical* reasons to cut out sugar, then as long as your diet is reasonably healthy and balanced you dont have to worry too much ;) As mentioned, fruits are full of other things than sugar that do you good, and if you have crawings for a specific fruit/fruit group your body might just be wanting the vitamins from them.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    weight lifting with an emphasis on the main barbell lifts: squats, dead lifts, bench press, and overhead press.