College Snacks

Options
Could anyone give me a list of good snacks to keep in my dorm in college? no ramen and mac and cheese please

Replies

• michellew91
    michellew91 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Whole fruits would be great, like apples and bananas. Carrots and hummus. Maybe invest in a machine to air pop popcorn. Depending on your dorm rules you mat even be able to cook some healthy meals in a crock pot.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    For salty, I like the popcorn idea. I can't tell you how many times I had popcorn for dinner in college. I love my air popper, but it is pretty large (about the volume of a blender, though shaped differently). There are some less bad versions for you at the grocery store. Nuts are also great, but more expensive. For sweet, individual apple sauces are pretty cheap on sale. I also used to get a box of the special k with the chocolate in it for a chocolate fix. It isn't too expensive and is shelf stable. I also likes the strawberry one. I would literally just eat it dry. Fruits and veggies are great options. Bananas and apples are usually pretty cheap and don't need a fridge!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    +1 on the popcorn.
    Something to keep in mind: I don't know what it is about my dorm, but my bananas turn brown quickly. I buy bananas while they're green if I think I'll eat them later on in the week and not sooner.
    Protein bars, protein shakes, yogurt (get Greek yogurt if you'd like some extra protein), portioned bags of cheerios, carrot sticks, hard-boiled eggs.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Yes to popcorn!
    I liked having granola bars or other cereal bars on hand. Fruit snacks! Beef jerky is good too.

If you have a fridge, I always kept some salsa and some veggie sticks around. Cheese sticks!

Right now I'm obsessed with the little snack packs with the pretzel sticks you dip in the artificial cheese. Only 100 calories and a fun snack to have :)
  • lilpedro13
    lilpedro13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes to popcorn!
    I liked having granola bars or other cereal bars on hand. Fruit snacks! Beef jerky is good too.

If you have a fridge, I always kept some salsa and some veggie sticks around. Cheese sticks!

Right now I'm obsessed with the little snack packs with the pretzel sticks you dip in the artificial cheese. Only 100 calories and a fun snack to have :)

any good granola bars you reccomend?