Are you a breakfast person?

Options

Replies

• TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I could eat breakfast food all day. I so look forward to eating breakfast and usually wake up hungry! I am not a huge eating out person but I do love to eat out for breakfast!

I feel I eat a pretty decent breakfast, try to get a good amount of protein to last me until lunch but when I do eat out I go for the gold! Well I don't stuff myself and stop before I get overly full but I don't feel guilty about it either.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I do like breakfast, and I MUST eat something before work/school/etc, or I feel ill much as you described.

However in the past I used to consider it more of a chore and would just have cereal or yogurt as quickly as possible. Now that I've changed my eating habits I see breakfast as an opportunity to have some of my favorite foods. I will wake up a bit earlier and do a healthy omelet with lots of veggies, steel cut oats, breakfast burrito, lemon or banana pancake, etc.

I've always worked with people who didn't eat breakfast - or had a Diet Rock Star and nothing else - and I just could not understand how they functioned well.
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    I usually don't feel hungry until around 10:30, then its just a cereal bar or fruit. But I love breakfast for dinner!
  • BeverlyHillsCop
    BeverlyHillsCop Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The moment I wake up I consume a protein drink and a banana. About 30 minutes later I eat 4 hard boiled eggs. Breakfast is a MUST.
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    I was never a morning person and a big breakfast for some reason has always made me nauseous so I usually just stick it out until lunch or I'll just have something small and simple.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    On workdays I eat breakfast but on weekends I tend to skip it or have a hearty "brunch" instead.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    I prefer to skip it. I like to go to sleep full.
    This. I used to eat it, but that was when I was trying to put on weight. Now I just save calories for the night.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • FriedaPeoples
    Options
    Being a t2 diabetic I need to eat something in the morning or I start to feel queasy. I used to eat a huge breakfast-- usually an omelet or 2 fried eggs with toast. Now I eat a small amount of cereal and unsweetened almond milk with berries. It hits the spot and I'm just as satisfied.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have to have breakfast or I get shaky and just don't feel great. For example, this morning is a Special K high protein shake, have some strawberries and oranges here I have not eaten yet, along with a greek yogurt. I just do better if I have a little something.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My breakfast used to be a pot of coffee followed by the shakes (that counts as cardio, right?? :laugh: ) but I've traded that in for a real breakfast.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I freaking love Breakfast. I'm lucky in that I LOVE eggs. They're delicious and nutritious! I have to have breakfast in the morning or i'll be a mean person. I know this about myself. Breakfast all the time!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I freaking love Breakfast. I'm lucky in that I LOVE eggs. They're delicious and nutritious! I have to have breakfast in the morning or i'll be a mean person. I know this about myself. Breakfast all the time!

I love eggs too! I have one every AM and if I don't, I have one for lunch or dinner.
  • smiller212003
    smiller212003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Breakfast! I turn into a moody beyotch if i don't get my bfast! Eggs, cereal, fruit oh my!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast!!!!!!!

If I don't have my porridge I get the shakes.....Fuels me til lunch time : )

I could never run/function without any food in my stomach....

Some people are happy with just a coffee and *kitten*... Not me!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat breakfast nearly every day. My go to breakfast choices for during the workweek are fruit mixed with greek yogurt topped with some granola, oatmeal (better oats or steel cut oats) with a serving of fruit, cereal with milk and some fruit, or a breakfast sandwich (less often these days). On the weekends, it varies greatly, but I usually do indulge in a grain-ier meal on one of the days then - French toast, waffles, or pancakes are go-to choices in my house. The other day we may go out, or I'll have an egg dish (lately an omelette with lots of veggies or egg beaters are my picks).
  • BryKate
    BryKate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have to eat breakfast the second my eyes open.

This! Hahaha I wake up hungry
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast food, but I don't always eat breakfast. I'll have my cereal, oatmeal, pancakes, ect. for lunch or dinner.
  • BryKate
    Options
    I do like breakfast, and I MUST eat something before work/school/etc, or I feel ill much as you described.

However in the past I used to consider it more of a chore and would just have cereal or yogurt as quickly as possible. Now that I've changed my eating habits I see breakfast as an opportunity to have some of my favorite foods. I will wake up a bit earlier and do a healthy omelet with lots of veggies, steel cut oats, breakfast burrito, lemon or banana pancake, etc.

I've always worked with people who didn't eat breakfast - or had a Diet Rock Star and nothing else - and I just could not understand how they functioned well.

Yes me too!! I love taking my time over breakfast and making somehow really really yummy :)
  • BryKate
    Options
    Protein pancakes anyone?

Yes please! Haha what's your favourite recipe? I'm always on the hunt for new ones!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Varies for me. Sometimes I start out just CRAVING food early so I chow. Sometimes I can drink my coffee and not need anything until 11am or so.