How accurate is the Fitbit

I have only synced my Fitbit over the last few days it's the Fitbit Flex. I run every other day and I have stopped logging these today is a non run day and was really surprised to see Fitbit give me 512 calories. I am always pretty active during the day running after my kids always well over the 10,000 steps. I don't intend to eat these calories back just surprised by the numbers? What are other peoples experience with the Fitbit?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I have been eating back my Fitbit adjustments since July of 2015 and have lost/maintained exactly as I expected.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I use runtastic to count my runs and fit bit to count my steps. Somehow they don't count them twice, I don't ask any questions.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    As far as TDEE goes, my fitbit often says I burn well over 4000 calories a day, but I'm currently eating 1800 a day to lose about 1 lb per week. (I don't eat fitbit calories back because I figure my exercise into my intake/deficit already) but knowing I have this large of a variance would make me weary to eat what my fitbit suggests if I were to track that way. Seems to come out closer for others, but not for me!
  • not_a_runner
    As far as TDEE goes, my fitbit often says I burn well over 4000 calories a day, but I'm currently eating 1800 a day to lose about 1 lb per week. (I don't eat fitbit calories back because I figure my exercise into my intake/deficit already) but knowing I have this large of a variance would make me weary to eat what my fitbit suggests if I were to track that way. Seems to come out closer for others, but not for me!
  • not_a_runner
  • not_a_runner
  • lisawilkes20
    lisawilkes20 Posts: 138 Member
    I have only synced my Fitbit over the last few days it's the Fitbit Flex. I run every other day and I have stopped logging these today is a non run day and was really surprised to see Fitbit give me 512 calories. I am always pretty active during the day running after my kids always well over the 10,000 steps. I don't intend to eat these calories back just surprised by the numbers? What are other peoples experience with the Fitbit?

Has your fitbit got GPS or is it more of a Tracker?
    I did'nt understand why my Garmin did'nt tend to do much calorie burn whilst running, until someone pointed that out to me, as our 'step' is so different when running as it is when walking. Hope that helps