Confused

Options
iaviu4jcobdj.jpg

Hi ! I am a bit confused when it comes to logging a new drink I bought. So its a juice sugar free which you mix with water. On the bottle it says '2 kal per 100ml'. Is it 2 cal per 100 ml of juice or 100ml of water with the amount of juice you are supposed to mix with it?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Does the label say how many servings are in the container, and how many total mL are in it? That is sometimes the only way to know.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    2 cal per 100ml of the actual juice
  • HrndzDiana
    HrndzDiana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To me its not sugar free since the nutrition label says it has 3g of sugar per 100 ml of juice w/o water. Plus it says it HAS natural sugar so its NOT sugar free. :)
  • HrndzDiana
    HrndzDiana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To me its not sugar free since the nutrition label says it has 3g of sugar per 100 ml of juice w/o water. Plus it says it HAS natural sugar so its NOT sugar free. :)
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    100ml is about half a cup or 4 oz so I wouldn't think that would be the water size - it should be the amount you're adding to water. I guess you just add it to taste? What is that sugary non-sugar stuff? lol
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    HrndzDiana wrote: »

.3 which is almost none. I'm curious what this product is...it has fruit and aspartame in it...and some reference to sunlight? lol
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    HrndzDiana wrote: »

To be totally honest , I dont care about sugar content :) Just the calories
  • healthy491
    Options
    Does the label say how many servings are in the container, and how many total mL are in it? That is sometimes the only way to know.

Here's a picture of the whole label ! :)
    vy0sotcqes7x.jpg
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I would assume that i's 2 per 100 ml of what's inside that bottle - do not including water.

Yes. Especially since the front of the label says, "Dilute to taste."
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I don't know that brand of squash, but a comparable one (Robinsons Orange Squash) is 4 kcal per 250ml diluted, so I'd say yours is probably 2 kcal per 100ml diluted.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I don't see where it says "Sugar Free". What I see says "No ADDED Sugar." There's a difference!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My guess is diluted because logically I can't imagine that a juice with "natural sugars" would be that low in calories...hence the "typical serving".
  • healthy491
    Options
    ogtmama wrote: »
    My guess is diluted because logically I can't imagine that a juice with "natural sugars" would be that low in calories...hence the "typical serving".

It only has 0.3g though
  • healthy491
    Options
    I know its not sugar free but it only has 0.3 g of sugar so i dont think it will add that much calories
  • healthy491
    Options
    AprilCoe wrote: »
    100ml is about half a cup or 4 oz so I wouldn't think that would be the water size - it should be the amount you're adding to water. I guess you just add it to taste? What is that sugary non-sugar stuff? lol

Its Coolee orange squash
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It's 100ml per serving, so the cals are for 100mls of squash diluted as per instructions with water. You would never drink it neat. So calories are negligible.
    Here in UK we have a lot of 'no added sugar' fruit squash.

Although all my bottles here say 9cals per 100ml concentrate and yours doesn't.
    It can't be per serving diluted as it doesn't give you the juice quantity to pour per serving, so they don't know how generous or otherwise you might be if you free pour.
  • healthy491
    Options
    I contacted the company and they told me that its 2cal per 100ml of the actual juice not diluted :)
    Thanks everyone for your help !