Planks

dschmader
dschmader Posts: 10 Member
Hey all.. I am wondering how people log doing planks.. I am new here and can't find a way.. thanks in advance

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    A plank isn't going to burn enough calories to really be concerned with logging. You could always quick add 2-5 I guess.
  • wi_maint_man
    wi_maint_man Posts: 99 Member
    Detailed weight training log would be a nice addition to MFP, I know you can log weight training already but something more in depth would be cool. I use Fit Notes android app.

jx78ubdwqtrx.jpg
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Planks don't really burn enough calories to bother inputting, but they are great for building core strength :)
  • dschmader
    I am just trying to track my progress of how long I am doing them, not really to count calories :)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,371 Member
    I keep a daily spreadsheet of all my exercises and times since I cannot do it on this site - use Excel.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    just add it yourself. i do a type og yoga that was not on the list. i added it and checked calories on other sites and took the low end and added it. that way i can check it off every day i go!
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    I log my planks under strength exercises, to reference later. So it reads like "3 sets, 120 reps" for 2-minute planks. Try some mountain climbers!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    I use just plain old notes app to track that and my weights & reps for my lifts. Always trying to make progress :smile:
  • dschmader
    I use just plain old notes app to track that and my weights & reps for my lifts. Always trying to make progress :smile:

I just wish there would be one app that syncs it all and keeps track of everything for you. I hate having so many apps as it is now...