Looking for people to share small victories/failures with

Options
zeldon919
zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
edited October 2016 in Motivation and Support
So I lost with MFP earlier this year then stopped (but maintained), and now I'm back at it. Going pretty well too.

The problem is that I don't have anyone to share those tiny daily things with. I have a strong support system, but they either have never had eating or weight issues, or have weight issues they're struggling with. So not the people I want to go to about every little success/failure, especially not since this journey won't be a short one (currently down 20/100lb).

Like today, there were cookies and cheese at work. I had a little bit of cheese, but no cookies. They were next to my desk too.

So anyone need someone to share those tiny daily victories or failures?

Replies

• heidistubbs
    heidistubbs Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I can understand. I have intermittently used MFP. I really would love to share small victories and failures too. Feel free to add me.
    I'm battling weight gain from medications and contraceptives too. It's a long road. We just need to stick it out.
    -don't be scared by my diary. I'm starting IIFYM. So sometimes, like today, it's not all the best.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I get you totally. The people at work are constantly eating junk food. It's so annoying especially when they think they are being nice and ask you if you want some.

Well done on saying no to the crackers :)

Everybody went for chip rolls yesterday and I managed to say no lol
  • janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yes I focus a lot on my small victories, because that's what keeps me going, like being able to run for 4km a few days ago! I also have my own share of small failures, like not waking up early yesterday morning to the gym.

You can add me as a friend on here and share with me the victories/failures you want to tell people, and I'll do the same too!
  • Pogperson
    Pogperson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You know, I think often as "adults", we only hear about it when we mess up. I am often thinking "But HEYYYY, what about all the crackers I didn't eat YESTERDAY, you never mention those, noooooo, only that I stuffed my face with cheesecake today!!". ;p
    As a Mother of four small children, I'm always giving praise to this kid or that for all the bad stuff they DIDN'T do that they would usually go ahead and do anyway, not just the good stuff, ha ha! So I agree with you....praise and encouragement in the little things really does something good.
    So I'll join in!
  • being_camille
    being_camille Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Keep focus on the little great things and not the little bad ones.
  • Lanie2012
    Lanie2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    LOL! I LOVE this thread! I try to post small victories on my MFP wall daily. My nutritionist told me to stop focusing on the small failures, and focus on the small successes because they add up. So here I am, saying Yay me! I found an awesome inspiring thread that will keep me on target for the rest of the day! Feel free to add me, I could use some vicarious inspiration. :smiley:
  • Pogperson
    Pogperson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today is my day off - my only day with a few precious hours of kid-free time. Wanted to sit on the couch, eat chocolate and watch TV. But instead I went for a walk in the sunshine.
    Small victories!!!
    And ate blueberries when I came home. :)
    Feeling chuffed.
  • linkerbs
    linkerbs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We all have good days and bad days, it's life. But the fact that you're on here and wanting to share your progress, shows you are on a path to success!
  • Breenacole
    Breenacole Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My therapist always says to come up with one good thing about the day when going through a journey. Even if I have to ask my son to come up with something for me, i have made that a habit. Yesterday my 6 year old cheered me for choosing asparagus with dinner.

Today I was able to stretch my leg about 2 inches further than normal during yoga.
  • bvff35
    bvff35 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    I get you totally. The people at work are constantly eating junk food. It's so annoying especially when they think they are being nice and ask you if you want some.

Well done on saying no to the crackers :)

Everybody went for chip rolls yesterday and I managed to say no lol

Yes, work can be the worst. I work in healthcare and I swear we are the worst examples! So much junk food! The temptation is so hard to turn down when it comes to yummy but unhealthy foods!